Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Export Historical Report to PDF on ECC

I've added the Sysbase Datawindow PS printer as per the guide from ShoreTel but still getting error "Cannot export the report to the "C:\Users\XXX\Desktop\XXX.PDF" file".

I've also noticed that when I try to print something else on the same GhostScript Printer (Sysbase Datawindow PS), the output file extension is ".prn" instead of ".PDF".

Any ideas?

I had the same issue when we upgraded to the server to 2008R2, our partner emailed me this as what they did to resolve it. "The ECC was using a print user account that was not present because of the Windows reload. I added the user and the reports should work again." Hope this points you in a direction of help as it resolved our issue.

Comment

Originally posted by allano View Post
      I had the same issue when we upgraded to the server to 2008R2, our partner emailed me this as what they did to resolve it. "The ECC was using a print user account that was not present because of the Windows reload. I added the user and the reports should work again." Hope this points you in a direction of help as it resolved our issue.
      Hi

How did you know which account to add? Is is a specific username?

Did you add it on the ECC Server or the Supervisor's PC?

Comment

Any other ideas guys????

Comment

Sorry Shoretelghst been buried moving company hosted email services.

The printer is on the ECC server, it's listed as Sybase Datawindow PS, Model Ghostscript PDF, Catergories Printer set as Default,

Here are screen shots of my printer properties, hope this helps.
          Attached Files

Comment

sorry missed this, in ECC User Accounts a standard user account was created as eccprinteruser

Comment

I got this to work by doing whatever allano stated. But I need the report to be exported to PDF format in a landscape layout instead of the default portrait layout. This is because in portrait layout, some of the data goes out of the print area and is missing in the exported PDF.

Any ideas on how to change orientation? I changed the default printer settings of the SyBase Printer but that doesn't help.

Comment

Shoretelghst to change to landscape have the supervisor open the report manager then go to file, printer setup and click on the printer you named and then click on setup, change the layout to landscape and you should be all set.

Comment

Originally posted by shoretelghst View Post
                  I've added the Sysbase Datawindow PS printer as per the guide from ShoreTel but still getting error "Cannot export the report to the "C:\Users\XXX\Desktop\XXX.PDF" file".

I've also noticed that when I try to print something else on the same GhostScript Printer (Sysbase Datawindow PS), the output file extension is ".prn" instead of ".PDF".

Any ideas?
                  I have this exact same issue. What exactly did you do to fix it? My GhostScript printer looks the exact same as the screenshots allano attached.

Comment

Couple of things to note. 1. If this is a Windows 10 box you must permit unsigned drivers to get the GhostScript install to work with ECC report. 2nd, use the below instructions. I got it working after doing these two things.

To install Ghostscript:
                    Step 1 Download and run the ghostscript executable file.
                    The ghostscript executable file can be found at the Sourceforge.net Web site. Point
                    your browser to http://sourceforge.net/projects/ghostscript/.
                    Step 2 In the Self-Extractor window, click Setup.
                    Step 3 In the Setup window, you can change the default installation directory and other
                    options. Then click Install.
                    Step 4 Once installation is complete, from the Windows Settings > Printers and Faxes
                    window, choose File > Add Printer.
                    Step 5 Using the Add Printer Wizard, select the Local Printer Attached to this Computer
                    option.
                    Installation Guide Installing the Ghostscript Component (Optional)
                    Step 6 Then select the port FILE: (Print to File).
                    Step 7 In the Install Printer Software window, click Have Disk. In the resulting window,
                    click Browse to locate and select the ghostpdf.inf file.
                    The default location of the ghostscript.inf file is C:\Program Files\gs\[version]\lib.
                    Installing the Ghostscript Component (Optional) Installation Guide
                    Contact Center 7 51
                    Step 8 Click Open, and then OK. The Ghostscript PDF printer is displayed in the Printers
                    list. Then click Next.
                    Step 9 In the Name Your Printer window, enter Sybase Datawindow PS in the Printer
                    Name field. You must enter this printer name exactly as indicated or the feature
                    will not work.
                    Step 10 Finish using the Add Printer Wizard, selecting the appropriate options. The
                    Sybase Datawindow printer appears in the Windows Printers and Faxes window.

Comment

Originally posted by biglake85 View Post
                      Couple of things to note. 1. If this is a Windows 10 box you must permit unsigned drivers to get the GhostScript install to work with ECC report. 2nd, use the below instructions. I got it working after doing these two things.

To install Ghostscript:
                      Step 1 Download and run the ghostscript executable file.
                      The ghostscript executable file can be found at the Sourceforge.net Web site. Point
                      your browser to http://sourceforge.net/projects/ghostscript/.
                      Step 2 In the Self-Extractor window, click Setup.
                      Step 3 In the Setup window, you can change the default installation directory and other
                      options. Then click Install.
                      Step 4 Once installation is complete, from the Windows Settings > Printers and Faxes
                      window, choose File > Add Printer.
                      Step 5 Using the Add Printer Wizard, select the Local Printer Attached to this Computer
                      option.
                      Step 6 Then select the port FILE: (Print to File).
                      Step 7 In the Install Printer Software window, click Have Disk. In the resulting window,
                      click Browse to locate and select the ghostpdf.inf file.
                      The default location of the ghostscript.inf file is C:\Program Files\gs\[version]\lib.
                      Installing the Ghostscript Component (Optional) Installation Guide
                      Contact Center 7 51
                      Step 8 Click Open, and then OK. The Ghostscript PDF printer is displayed in the Printers
                      list. Then click Next.
                      Step 9 In the Name Your Printer window, enter Sybase Datawindow PS in the Printer
                      Name field. You must enter this printer name exactly as indicated or the feature
                      will not work.
                      Step 10 Finish using the Add Printer Wizard, selecting the appropriate options. The
                      Sybase Datawindow printer appears in the Windows Printers and Faxes window.
                      Thanks. I already installed GhostScript but I'm having problems getting it to actually function. I explained the specifics on this thread: https://www.shoretelforums.com/shore...will-not-email

Comment

I was able to resolve my issue. I was using GhostScript 9.22 so I uninstalled that and removed the printer from Control Panel. Then I rebooted the server and disabled driver signing enforcement (on Server 2012 R2 just hold down shift and restart normally via Start menu). After disabling driver signing enforcement, I logged in with a service account that has admin rights to the ECC server and installed GhostScript 8.71 and added the printer again. Once that was done I went into ECC Director and under Maintenance > Printer Account I put in the credentials of the service account that I installed GhostScript with. Everything is working now.

The Printer Account must be set to the account that installed GhostScript so that's why I used the service account and not my regular account. I don't want to update my password in Contact Center Director every 90 days.

Comment

Working...
                        X