Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VPN or Softphone?

I have a few users who would like to be able to work from home. Aside from a softphone, how could I get their phones to work at their homes?

In Version 11, am I able to link an actual phone to interface with the softphone?

Thanks much,
    I appreciate it!
    Robert

You can do softphone, office anywhere, or the best solution would be to get the ShoreTel IP concnetrator, and some 230G phones that support SSL VPN.

Works great for our at-home users.

You will also need some type of VPN connection for their PCM as well, unless they remote into a computer on the LAN.

Prior to the 230Gs and concentrator, we were running Linksys RV042 VPN tunnels between their houses and a router connected to the VoIP VLAN (using regular 230 phones).
    It worked fine, except for when one at-home person tried to call another at-home person, they had to dial their DID instead of their extension.

Hope that helps...

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for your insight. At the office did you have to open up the ports on the Router?
      The call quality was good for at-home-users?
      Out of curiosity what is your upload speed at the office?

thanks much!

Originally posted by jrewolinski View Post
      You can do softphone, office anywhere, or the best solution would be to get the ShoreTel IP concnetrator, and some 230G phones that support SSL VPN.

Works great for our at-home users.

You will also need some type of VPN connection for their PCM as well, unless they remote into a computer on the LAN.

Prior to the 230Gs and concentrator, we were running Linksys RV042 VPN tunnels between their houses and a router connected to the VoIP VLAN (using regular 230 phones).
      It worked fine, except for when one at-home person tried to call another at-home person, they had to dial their DID instead of their extension.

Hope that helps...

Comment

Working...
      X