No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workgroup/Hunt group that forwards to external numbers

Ok heres my setup.

I have a workgroup set up for operations supervisors who are not always in their office next to their desk phones. Whenever we have complaints or a customer needs to speak to a supervisor dispatch or customer service forwards the caller to the Supervisor workgroup.

What i need shoretel to do is look whos logged in or not logged in and ring a extension within the group, if a supervisor doesnt pickup it then does autofind me to their external number since they are 90% on the road.

How can this be accomplished? Since they dont sit and monitor a queue i need shoretel to pick a supervisor at random and dial that extension directly then if no answer autofind me if they dont pick that up go back into the queue and go to the next supervisor.

Why not have the Supervisors Externally Assign themselves to their mobiles when they are not at their desks using Office Anywhere..?

Comment

because honestly i dont know about half of the features in Shoretel. This system was in place before i came on board and the outsourced company was as good as they paid them... shitty. So ive been learning fixing and implimenting the system correctly. The biggest issue with the supervisors is that they rarely are in the office. I would like them to use the mobile call manager feature but their phones dont support it. what is office anywhere?

Comment

Sometimes the best way to learn!

Office Anywhere can be used to assign your extension number to an external number. Just like using call forward to send all your calls somewhere - just a little more intelligent.

First test with yourself and make yourself a usergroup with a telephony features cos that permits external assignment, then from your Call Manager drop down the 'Home' (or 'Primary Phone' depending on version) option. You will see you have an option to 'Configure Extension Assignment'.

Fill in the options to assign your extension to your mobile, and then tick the box to enable.

Two things you'll notice is your IP phone will change to 'Anonymous' (as your user is not currently assigned there - and on your Call Manager you will see you are no longer 'Home'.

You can now toggle using that drop down in call manager between your 'Home' IP Phone and your list of previously used external assignments.

Calls to your user (DDI calls, Huntgroup calls, workgroup calls, etc...) will now present to wherever you are assigned.

If you do upgrade your supervisors mobiles to something that MCM supports - they could even make this extension assignment changes whislt they are out and about. Some people even use Location based Services on the mobile client that control extension assignment based on your GPS location.

Lastly, with no call manager or mobile call manager access, lets say they have left the office and forgotten to assign themselves to their mobile - once you have assigned your self once, there is now an option in your voicemail to 'assign your extension to your last known external destination'. So whislt out and about they could even call into the system and access their mailbox and navigate to this option (Menu 7, Menu 3, Option 3).

Give it a go.

Comment

Originally posted by eXpunger View Post

Office Anywhere can be used to assign your extension number to an external number. Just like using call forward to send all your calls somewhere - just a little more intelligent.

First test with yourself and make yourself a usergroup with a telephony features cos that permits external assignment, then from your Call Manager drop down the 'Home' (or 'Primary Phone' depending on version) option. You will see you have an option to 'Configure Extension Assignment'.

Fill in the options to assign your extension to your mobile, and then tick the box to enable.

Two things you'll notice is your IP phone will change to 'Anonymous' (as your user is not currently assigned there - and on your Call Manager you will see you are no longer 'Home'.

You can now toggle using that drop down in call manager between your 'Home' IP Phone and your list of previously used external assignments.

Calls to your user (DDI calls, Huntgroup calls, workgroup calls, etc...) will now present to wherever you are assigned.

If you do upgrade your supervisors mobiles to something that MCM supports - they could even make this extension assignment changes whislt they are out and about. Some people even use Location based Services on the mobile client that control extension assignment based on your GPS location.

Lastly, with no call manager or mobile call manager access, lets say they have left the office and forgotten to assign themselves to their mobile - once you have assigned your self once, there is now an option in your voicemail to 'assign your extension to your last known external destination'. So whislt out and about they could even call into the system and access their mailbox and navigate to this option (Menu 7, Menu 3, Option 3).

Give it a go.

AWESOME!!! thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by eXpunger View Post

Give it a go.
            I had just been asked to update our AA with an external number transfer and this seems like it will work perfectly, as the user is in the office sometimes but mostly on the road. Thanks!

Comment

Glad I could help ;o)

Comment

Working...
              X