No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise Canceling/Muting Issue??

Hello All,

I am have an issue with one phone on one of our systems. The phone is located in a heavy equipment service shop. It is rather noisy location with a distinct echo.

The problem is that periodically the the handset(receiver) "mutes" itself. The distant party can still hear the local caller but no audio on this end. It appears that pressing any of the numeric keys causes the audio to open back up.

I have replaced the phone with a known good phone from another location and changed network cables & switch ports. Problem remains.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

Steve

Anyone?

????????

Comment

Bump

Comment

I would recommend you open a case with ShoreTel TAC. Doesn't look like anyone here has ever seen it before.

Comment

You can install an analog phone with a "push to talk" handset and a confidencer (noise cancelling) transmitter at this location. That has always worked in this kind of location in the past.
          Last edited by OldPhoneGuy; 10-14-2010, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the reply.

I have been considering several options including a Polycom or Cisco SIP phone. Or maybe an ATA adapter and analog phone.

Any experience with Polycom in this kind of enviroment?

BTW: I have a bunch of 2564's available at a great price

Thanks again.

Comment

This seems like an issue with the audio somehow flooding the echo cancellation protocol. I would definitely open a ticket on this before you spend money on a new piece of hardware.

Comment

It sounds to me like it's an enviornment problem, not an equipment problem. You will need to adapt your equipment to the enviorment, i.e. a noise cancellation handset.

Comment

Originally posted by blanning View Post
                  This seems like an issue with the audio somehow flooding the echo cancellation protocol. I would definitely open a ticket on this before you spend money on a new piece of hardware.
                  Unfortunately we don't have direct support from Shoretel (yet) and our business partner is somewhat short on support rescources.

Comment

Originally posted by OldPhoneGuy View Post
                    It sounds to me like it's an enviornment problem, not an equipment problem. You will need to adapt your equipment to the enviorment, i.e. a noise cancellation handset.
                    Enviroment<=>Equipment.....

Shoretel phones work fine in other enviroments and other phones work ok in this enviroment.

Per your recomendation I am looking at noise canceling handsets. Have you any experience with Audiosears product?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X