No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voicemail Escalation - Version 10.2

Hi,

we are running shoreware director 10.2. I am trying to configure a voicemail notification to not escalate unless a certain time period has expired ie a user voicemail is escalated to a manager after two hours if not heard, is this possible? The voicemail escalation steps seem to send the notification straight away and then timeout before next step. Setting step 1 to do nothing and then timeout doesn't seem to work.

I may be missing something, please advise.

Thanks.

I would recommend you set up a new route point with no mailbox and set this as the destination of the first notification step.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for quick reply, just to clarify. I would set up a route point that would ring but not be assigned anywhere for a length of time? then the timeout would take affect and then escalate to the manager?

Is there anything specific I need to set for the route point?

Steve.

Comment

That is correct. I would recommend you remove the mailbox from the route point and set it to never forward anywhere. That should be all that is required. The VM system will ring the route point, but since it goes nowhere, that shouldn't matter. Once the timeout has elapsed, it will advance to the next step as usual.

Comment

Ok that makes sense. Will test, thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
          X