Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Digit Extension on 4 Digit System

Is there a way to add a 3 digit extension to the system. We have an emergency number that was extension 160 on our old system. It has been moved to extension 1160, but many people still try to dial 160 by habit. I would like to allow users to dial 160 and have it set to always forward to 1160 if possible. Thanks.

Ummm... digit translation tables? Or do those only work the other way around?

Comment

Where are the settings for the digit translation tables located? I poked around and I can't find them.

Comment

Administration > System Parameters > Digit Translation Tables

Comment

Unfortunately, digit translation tables only apply to a call actually going through a trunk. Here is another way to do it. It is ugly, as you must reserve 1 as the trunk access code. This probably means you get to move a lot of extensions around.

For routing 160 -> Any extension:

1. Change 1 to be a trunk access code in the dialing plan
          2. Create a new trunk group (I used SIP) with access code 1. Disable all call permissions and don't give anyone permission to use it. Leave Outbound and Local checked.
          3. In support entry mode, add the following to the site dial plan: ;1d<60>xx+15555555555%1G
          4. On the new trunk group, check the DID box and add a 10-digit DID for 5555555555
          5. Assign this DID to whatever extension you wish to target, or create a route point, set it to always forward to the desired destination, and assign the DID to the route point.

Note that this can be used for any number of digits except 1 with a little tweaking.
          Last edited by Palitto Consulting; 10-07-2010, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Still work?

Will this still work in version 12.3?

Originally posted by Palitto Consulting View Post
            Unfortunately, digit translation tables only apply to a call actually going through a trunk. Here is another way to do it. It is ugly, as you must reserve 1 as the trunk access code. This probably means you get to move a lot of extensions around.

For routing 160 -> Any extension:

1. Change 1 to be a trunk access code in the dialing plan
            2. Create a new trunk group (I used SIP) with access code 1. Disable all call permissions and don't give anyone permission to use it. Leave Outbound and Local checked.
            3. In support entry mode, add the following to the site dial plan: ;1d<60>xx+15555555555%1G
            4. On the new trunk group, check the DID box and add a 10-digit DID for 5555555555
            5. Assign this DID to whatever extension you wish to target, or create a route point, set it to always forward to the desired destination, and assign the DID to the route point.

Note that this can be used for any number of digits except 1 with a little tweaking.

Comment

Working...
            X