Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I disable LLDP on all phones using DHCP?

I have a Netgear FSM7328PS switch that keeps losing its LLDP settings and defaults back to Enable. So when I plug an out-of-box phone into it, the boot never completes. It gets is IP address and some other info from DHCP, but not enough to boot completely (gets stuck at MGC I think).

The switch is out of warranty so I'm trying to tell Shoretel to tell the phones (preferably via DHCP) to disable LLDP. Is that a DHCP setting I can set up? I'm not finding that in the admin guide.

ST 9.2 14.41.1108

We don't use VLANing at all.

Thanks!

Don't know of a way in DHCP. The only options I know of is disable on data switch or manully disable on the phone.

Comment

On boot of the phone you can go into setup and toggle lldp off.

Comment

I was trying to avoid that. I guess I could figure out how to create an LLDP server or something. One of these days when I have time to learn a whole new technology. LOL

Comment

Dan, I am not sure how your Netgear is out of warranty, conisdering it has a lifetime warranty. As Netgear partner, it is large selling factor. Here is a link to the latest firmware, that also includes support for LLDP. Answer

See item 2 for specific instructions on using LLDP with the newest build.

Good Luck Dan

Comment

Working...
          X