Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switch does not recover from D-channel outage

We're running ShoreTel 10.2 on build 15.41.3005.0, using an SG-220T1A and SG-30.
    We have SIP trunks coming in from our provider. An Adtran Total Access 908 converts the SIP to PRI.

Just after midnight we lost the D-channel from our provider, the result of routine maitenance.
    They say it was only down briefly as they brought it right back up.

However, the ShoreTel never recovered from the outage. We needed to restart the system to restore external calls.
    The ShoreTel should see that the D-channel was back up and restore connectivity automatically.

Has anyone else seen anything like this? Any solutions or workarounds?

Try burning the flash on that switch. But yes it should come back up when the D-channel is restored.

Comment

Yes, I have seen this on a number of occassion. There is no work around because its not a ShoreTel issue. The LEC isnt sending out a correct signal when they come back up. I have seen this on 4 different sites. 3 of them i was the customer, I insisted that the vendor replace the switch because a reboot of the switch fixed it. It never resolved the issue. When the LEC finally moved the pair we were on at the CO it quit happening.

This is a LEC issue, I would push them hard and often.

Comment

Originally posted by khitan View Post
        ... The LEC isnt sending out a correct signal when they come back up ...

This is a LEC issue, I would push them hard and often.
        Thanks. That makes more sense than the ST switch not recovering properly.

Comment

Working...
        X