Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCOM Error - Event ID 10016

I have a brand new fresh install of Windows 2003 w/ SP2 and all the latest updates. I install ST v5 - I know it's old - with no problems. All the ST services startup, but I do get a DCOM error in the event viewer (10016).

As a result I cannot log into the SW Director web interface. Need some assistance in trying to figure this problem out. I checked the TmsManager2 permissions and made sure to follow the info. I found here (http://www.shoretelforums.com/forums...-problems.html), but no luck.

I uninstalled ST, removed ST registry entries in HKLM\Software\Shoretel*, and even set Windows DEP to on for essential Windows programs & services only. Reinstalled again, and no luck.

I would appreciate the community's help in this issue. Thanks!

search the registry for that slsid, thought my guess is kadota.

Comment

I would suspect it doesn't play nicely with 2003 SP2... maybe try 2003 SP1?

Comment

Receiving DCOM errors for Triggerserver or KatodaUtils in the System Event Logs

Receiving DCOM errors for Triggerserver or KatodaUtils in the System Event Logs
        Issue: DCOM errors

Scenario: Receiving DCOM errors for Triggerserver or KatodaUtils in the System Event Logs

Resolution: Open Administrative Tools>Component Services: Choose Component Services>Computers>My Computer
        Right click on My Computer Choose Properties Choose the Com Security Tab
        Choose Edit Default under "Launch and Activation"

Add the following users with full rights by choosing Add: (Make sure you are adding these users from the location of the Local Machine not the Domain)
        For an HQ Server:
        IPBXUSR_ServerName
        IUSR_ServerName
        IWAM_ServerName
        Anonymous User

In Addition: For Windows Server 2008, the IWAM_ServerName user account no longer applies. The IUSR user name must also be added ( in addition to the above list)
        For a DVM Server(DVS):
        IUSR_ServerName
        IWAM_ServerName
        Anonymous User
        Go back to the Component Services window

In Addition: For Windows Server 2008, the IWAM_ServerName user account no longer applies. The IUSR user name must also be added ( in addition to the above list)

Choose DCOM Config under My Computer.

For the following DCOM Components, Right click on each one and choose Properties:
        DCOMs to Change for an HQ Server: TriggerServer KatotaUTILS TMSCDR
        DCOMs to Change for a DVM Server(DVS): TriggerServer KatotaUTILS
        On each component, Choose the Security Tab Set the "Launch and Activation Permission" and "Configuration Permissions" to Default

Click Ok.
        IMPORTANT NOTE:
        On the HQ and DVM's - You must also edit the properties for the DCOM Component: TMSMANAGER2
        Open the properties, Choose the Security Tab Set the "Launch and Activation Permission" and "Configuration Permissions" to "Customize" and click "Edit"
        Follow the process outlined above for adding all the noted users with full permissions.
        Restart the server after the changes have been saved to ensure that they have taken effect.

Comment

same problem

i have the same problem if you have a solution, please send me email ([email protected]) and if i find i send them

Comment

Well, after trying this the SWD page loads up and gives me a login page, so that's certainly a step forward. However, when I try logging in the page just sits there and doesn't take me to the dashboard/main config. page. I looked in the Event Viewer, and I'm still getting the same DCOM error!

Comment

Did you load software while the server part of your Domain?

Comment

No, the server is in a stand-alone configuration (not a domain member).

Comment

None of the ST 5 versions 5.1.x or 5.2 support Win2003 SP2. As MRP stated try SP1 but you may get IIS issues as there were differences with IIS between SP 1 and SP 2 if I remember rightly.

Another thing to try is to re-run the ST 5 server software exe again and choose to repair the installation when the pop up appears it may correct the DCOM permissions for you.

Comment

I tried uninstalling SP2 and reinstall SP1 for Win2k3; afterwards reinstalled ST5... still no go. It's not a SP issue, as I'm running the production ST server w/ SP2. I have the same SWD login issue & DCOM error w/ ST6 on the same box. This is odd, as the Windows 2003 install is a fresh new install. I'm wondering if this has anything to do w/ any .NET framework updates/installs.

Comment

Working...
                    X