No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCM install on windows 7

Greetings all,

I have been trying to install the PCM on a Windows 7 machine. Shoretel is at version 10.1 and i have been successful on other systems.. however i have one laptop (happens to be my new windows 7 laptop) i browse to the server and run the install from the web..but nothing happens after it completes the download.. no further installation occurs. Can't figure out what is stopping the install from continuing. Earlier this morning i installed a new windows 7 pc and installed the PCM just fine... what am i missing?

thanks for any assistance.

the best luck we'v had has been http://shorewareip/shorewaredirector...tall/setup.exe

download file locally
    run locally.

Comment

In addition to downloading locally, run as administrator for install

right-click on setup.exe and select Run As Administrator from the context menu. Win7 is super-picky about admin rights.

-- Mark Evinger

Comment

Thanks for the replies,

Miersk suggestion worked for me... not sure why it has installed the normal way on other systems.. its working now.. thats all that matters.

Thanks again.

Comment

Hello Everyone,

This may be an old conversation, but I am new to this forum. Please forgive any old topic I might request info on. I am running ShoreTel 7.5, PCM 12.16.2700. Is there any version of PCM that will run with Win7 32 and 64bit without upgrading to a newer Shoretel version? My vendor contacts say nothing up through 10.x has a PCM that works with Win 7. Thanks for any help!

Comment

Originally posted by gmiles View Post
            Hello Everyone,

This may be an old conversation, but I am new to this forum. Please forgive any old topic I might request info on. I am running ShoreTel 7.5, PCM 12.16.2700. Is there any version of PCM that will run with Win7 32 and 64bit without upgrading to a newer Shoretel version? My vendor contacts say nothing up through 10.x has a PCM that works with Win 7. Thanks for any help!
            Version 9.x and newer PCM works fine with Windows 7, both 32-bit and 64-bit. The 9.x PCM client will not talk to a 7.5 server, however, so you will need to upgrade the whole system in order to support Windows 7 clients.

We upgraded from 7.0 to 9.2 back in January after we started deploying Windows 7 64-bit to our engineers and designers. We haven't had any ShoreTel-related problems with Windows 7 users, except in a few rare cases where the PCM client wouldn't connect with the user's phone (showed a red 'X' over the phone status icon). A simple uninstall and reinstall of PCM resolved that in every case.

Comment

I had multiple 7.5 call managers working on windows 7 boxes. The only catch is that you can't use 64bit, but 32 bit works fine. You will have to run the vistatapirepair.exe on it. Make sure you run it on a admin account and after you do exit shortel completely and re-launch it. Sorry bout the 64 bit thing but 9.2 does have 64bit support. Hope this helps.

Comment

p.s.
                dcornell,

the vistatapirepair.exe will solve the red x problem, takes like 2 seconds and does it without re-install. Had that problem quite a bit since we have a large number of windows 7 users.

Comment

Originally posted by slattin View Post
                  p.s.
                  dcornell,

the vistatapirepair.exe will solve the red x problem, takes like 2 seconds and does it without re-install. Had that problem quite a bit since we have a large number of windows 7 users.
                  Thanks, I will try that the next time we see the problem. It has only happened maybe 4-5 times total and not for at least a couple months now, so it's not something that's caused any significant inconvenience.

Comment

Working...
                  X