Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does shoretel add area code automatically?

I am in shenzhen, China. Our area code is 755, the area code of Beijing is 10, the area code of Shanghai is 20. When i dial an outside number, it would add the area code automatically. for example, i made a phone call on 83784503, it would display "+86 75583784503" +86 is a country code, 755 is a area code, 83784503 is a local number. I made a phone call on 02061610877, it would display "+86 2061610877" +86 is a country code, 20 is a area code of shanghai, 61610877 is a long distance number. that is correct. what should i do if i don't want to add the area code automatically when i dial a local number ?

I am in shenzhen, China. Our area code is 755, the area code of Beijing is 10, the area code of Shanghai is 20. When i dial an outside number, it would add the area code automatically. for example, i made a phone call on 83784503, it would display "+86 75583784503" +86 is a country code, 755 is a area code, 83784503 is a local number. I made a phone call on 02061610877, it would display "+86 2061610877" +86 is a country code, 20 is a area code of shanghai, 61610877 is a long distance number. that is correct. what should i do if i don't want to add the area code automatically when i dial a local number ?

Comment

I am unfamiliar with the dial treatments of other countries, but if it follows the same "rules" as US dialing plans, then 1NXX dialing won't apply to China.(refererrig to the checkboxed of dialing 7, 10, 1+ digits for local calls) You may have to modify how the custom dilaing string operates. I have been presented with a inter-country routing issue that I have been starting to take a look at P.C. has been kind enough to actually decipher a lot of how it opperates for the forum. http://www.shoretelforums.com/forums...html#post19474

Comment

The country code and area code are always added at the site level, but there are settings within the trunk group to keep it from dialing the area code. Also, just because it displays an area code on the phone, that does not mean it is dialing an area code.

Comment

The settings at the trunk group level give you the option to essentially remove the area code but it requires you to utilize the local prefix list in order to work properly. I would suggest that you only do this as a last result, it can be quite annoying to get the local prefix lists working properly. It is as the previous person stated, just because it shows an area code on the phone you would need to open the TMSNCC.log files to see exactly what number the system is sending to your telco provider.

Comment

Check the setting "Dial Local number in National Form" in the Trunk Group if it is checked uncheck it and you will dial local numbers without the Local Area Code

Comment

Working...
            X