No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huntgroup + DND

Hi,

I am not actually the administrator for our Shoretel solution so my termonology might be slightly out, but I look after a team and am looking for a solution to a problem we are having.

My team are currently part of a huntgroup, anyone calling in to our outside and selecting my department is directed to the least active phone at that time. However when selecting DND or any other mode it does not stop that perticular phone from ringing. The only way is to Log users off via the management console which I would need to do and is not ideal as you can imagine.

I have noticed a custom option under the MODE soft key, is it possible to set this to log users off which I can then monitor more effectively if and when they step away from their desk? If you have any other suggestions on how to manage this they are welcome.

Thanks and regards,

Kester Wynyard

Hello Kester, sounds like you are using a WorkGroup instead of a HuntGroup. WorkGroup calls will ignore any Call Handling Mode changes and simply operate on a Logged In or Logged Out basis.

You could use HuntGroups to accomplish what you are looking for. A HuntGroup can be configured to not present calls to members that are forwarding all calls. So, a member with a Call handling mode set to 'Always' forward their calls will not receive the call.

Comment

Hi eXpunger,

Thanks for your response I will take a look at our configuration as this is likely to be the case.

What are the differences between a workgroup and a huntgroup? Would there be any reason that we are using a workgroup for this perticular type of configuration that you can think of?

Thanks and regards,

Kester Wynyard

Comment

WorkGroup is server based where a HuntGroup is hardware based - and as such comes with some limitations. No voicemail (although you can overflow to seperate mailboxes), no queueing messages, no 'Longest Idle' hunting method. Also because they are hardware based, you also fall under some significant restrictions on numbers of members/HuntGroups per ShoreGear switch. You can have 8 hunt groups on a switch but you are limited to 16 hunt group members TOTAL per switch.

You would usually use WorkGroups for most installations, with HuntGroups configured for redundancy (so if Server goes down, your simple telephony continues) - but in your case, if you can fit the HG's on a switch this would be fine.

Alternatively, if the users were licences as WorkGroup Agents, or one of the group as a WorkGroup Supervisor, they could easily maintain their own Logged In/Logged Out state through either the handset or Call manager software.

Comment

i believe that if your Call Handling Mode is set to Divert Always to an external number then you are then effectively logged out of the Workgroup.

Comment

Originally posted by tomh60 View Post
            i believe that if your Call Handling Mode is set to Divert Always to an external number then you are then effectively logged out of the Workgroup.
            Hope not - many people trained incorrectly if that is the case! I have never seen WorkGroup calls behave that way...

Comment

Workgroups ignore call handling mode.

Comment

I'm not 100 percent sure, because we only use Hunt Groups, but isn't there an auto logoff for Work Group Agents?

Comment

Originally posted by bkuhn View Post
                  I'm not 100 percent sure, because we only use Hunt Groups, but isn't there an auto logoff for Work Group Agents?
                  Yep - auto logoff on missed calls. Either on or off.

Comment

Working...
                  X