No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I dial from within Outlook?

Hi All,

Brand new install, brand new to Shoretel.

Using ShoreTel 10.2 and PCM 15.41.3005.0

Stupid Question Time: Can I dial a contact from within Outlook?

I'm trying to dial contacts from within Outlook 2007/XP SP3 by right clicking on the contact and choosing Call Contact/Start Call. I got the message "Another program is using the selected telephony device. Try again after the other program is finished." My laptop has an internal modem, so thinking this was a conflict with msfax software, I removed the fax services from Control Panel and disabled the internal modem. Now I'm getting "The selected device has been removed from your computer. Select a different decice to dial calls, or add the original device back to your computer."

I've looked in the Call Manager manual and cannot find a reference to being able to dial like this or not. I'm hoping someone here can provide some insight.

Thanks!
    Ken

Dr. VOIP has a nice little page with screenshots demoing how to set this up. Note that you need Call Manager/Communicator installed on the machine for the TAPI line to show up.

How to cause a ShoreTel phone to dial from within Outlook, ShoreTel TAPI | VOIP Tech Blog

Comment

Thanks much for the link and the new resource! Problem solved!!

Comment

Working...
      X