Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing wallpaper on IP565 - how?

I remotely connected to our HQ server and changed into the C:\inetpub\ftproot directory. I edited the shore_s6c file and changed the Wallpaper2Pixmap line from "wps36s6cbg_070523.bmp" to "wps36s6cbg_hawaii.bmp" and saved the file. The file "wps36s6cbg_hawaii.bmp" is the original, scenic wallpaper, and it exists in the same location as the newer, ShoreTel-branded wallpaper.

I have done both a #clear and a #reset on the IP565 sitting at my desk, and it still loads the ShoreTel-branded wallpaper. What am I missing?

Thanks

Update:

I remotely connected to our HQ server and changed into the C:\inetpub\ftproot directory. I renamed the "wps36s6cbg_070523.bmp" (ShoreTel logo) file, then renamed "wps36s6cbg_hawaii.bmp" to "wps36s6cbg_070523.bmp".

I then did a #RRAMOS and a #CLEAR on the phone, and after restarting the phone still came up with the ShoreTel logo wallpaper. Is this hard-coded into the phone?

Comment

Solved: boneheaded move of the year

Well, it turns out that I was doing everything correct, but on the wrong server! I thought our HQ server was the ftp source for phones and shoregear switches. Turns out our DVS server was serving up the ftp files. :stupid:

Comment

Working...
      X