No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disabling voice mail options

Hi,

I am trying to find out if there is a way to disable a caller's ability to be routed to reception (or anywhere else for that matter) after voice mail picks up on a specific extension.

For example, currently when a caller rolls into voice mail on this extension, they can press 0 at any time to get out of the vm box. I've been asked to find a way to stop this.

The end result being the only thing callers of this one extension can do is leave a voice mail.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible?

I am running ShorTel 9.1

Thank you in advance.

Hi Jdack, one thing you could try is program the Personal Assistant option for the required Call Handling Modes to route to a new AA menu, record or import a silent wav file (about 1 second long, so you don't get the default greeting/prompt played) set the timeout to 500ms and choose "Take a message" option for the Timeout action then choose the Specific Extension's Mailbox as the destination. Disable all other options within the AA and that should keep the callers in a nice loop until they either leave a message or hang up.

Comment

Working...
    X