Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone else getting shocked?

Several users here have been shocked by the handset of a 230. Different phones, different poe switches, different parts of the building. Currently on V. 9 but it happened on the last rev also (8 or 7.5 I think).

I'll ask our partner about it but just thought I would check here to see if anyone else has experienced the same thing. Apparently it is a pretty good jolt.

Thanks,
    -sean

You know, we had this a few years ago. It is real, I didnt believe it, but now that you say it, it must have been real! I dont remember the outcome, but it is a real problem.

Comment

Yeah, I haven't experienced it myself but it's definitely happening. We are a print shop. Lots of juice coming in but all the heavy duty stuff is pretty well isolated as far as I know. Have a feeling this will be difficult to track down.

-sean

Comment

Ground your PoE switches chassis to a ground block in the building. Use the grounding screw on the back of each switch and send that to a ground block that your electrical panel uses. That's what we did.

Comment

Awesome! That makes perfect sense, I will give it a try. Much appreciated.

-sean

Comment

Working...
          X