No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• random calls to 911

Hello,
    I am having a problem with our system randomly dialing 911. When I look at the trunk detail report it shows the Dialed # as 9911 and the Calling # as Unknown and coming from different channels on the trunks. Also, when I look at the Application log in the Event Viewer it shows something like this “Switch SG-220T-1: Emergency Services Call to 911 on port 1 from user 5„˙^~…Ý at"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ryan

Hardware:
    Build 14.6.2401.0
    SG-220T-1
    Boot ROM Version: 0.0.23.0
    Firmware Version: 14.6.2401.0
    CPU Board Version: Fab 2 (Opt 2)
    CPU Board FPGA Version: 70

The tmsncc log would be useful.

Comment

Uhmmm, didn't even know about that... Thanks for that. I took a look at the log and cut out a portion. If you need the whole thing, let me know.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ryscar; 09-01-2010, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Is Tandem Trunking Checked?

It appears you are receiving the digits 9111 from the carrier, and ShoreTel is going "Oh Crap, it's a 911 call" and dialing 911

Comment

Yes, Tandem Trunking is checked. I don't know if it is supposed to be or not but, it hasn't changed since the system went in over a year ago (before my time here). No changes had been made when the problem first started. It just appeared on Friday of last week; by the close of business it stopped. Then, here we are today, and it's happening again.

It appears you are receiving the digits 9111 from the carrier
          That's what I was thinking. When this happened last week the Calling number was a random sting of numbers. I called the carrier last week and they told me that it couldn't be their system causing the problems because it was a PRI.

Is there any terminology I should use when speaking with the carrier to convey the problem I am having?

Thanks again for your help on this.
          Last edited by ryscar; 09-01-2010, 03:57 PM.

Comment

I'd start with unchecking tandem trunking. That is for having one trunk call out another trunk.

Comment

Just be aware if you disable tandem trunking that there are features your users may be using that require this functionality.

Comment

Yeah, I can't disable tandem trunking. We use that feature extensively. I have an open case with the carrier to see if the can clear things up on their end.

Comment

You want to leave tandem trunking enabled in the users group, but unless the trunk is tied to another PBX, you want it unchecked in the Trunk Group.

Also, I might set a DID or DNIS entry to 9111 to point to something specific.

Comment

Working...
                  X