Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secondary numbers

I had the bright idea of offering my international users secondary US numbers where their international last-4 digits match a new DID range in the US.

But of course, the ShoreTel system doesn't seem to just use the 4 DID digits to match extensions, it knows what lines they come in on.

So I added the new US DID range to my US PRI Trunk Group and found it didn't work for incoming calls yet.

So then I added a DNIS record for the 4-digit DID to forward to a user. This works, but it means the DIDs are now associated with users, not with extensions, which will complicate adds/moves/changes in the future.

What doesn't work at all is the sending of caller-ID data when an international user dials a US number over our MPLS out of this PRI. Instead of sending their last 4 digits matching DID number, it sends Unknown Number.

Recommendations? Is there a better way that would allow incoming and outgoing calls with full Caller-ID and DID?

One additional stumbling block is that my European circuits use 8 digits from the CO instead of our 4.

Use a Translation Table

Originally posted by id628 View Post
    One additional stumbling block is that my European circuits use 8 digits from the CO instead of our 4.
    If I understand correctly, you want the last 4 digits of the 8 digits received to map directly to an extension of the same number. If that is the case, you can do this by creating a Digit Translation Table and assigning it to the trunk group in question.

For example, if you are receiving digits such as 86751234 and 86751235, and you want these to map to extensions 1234 and 1235 respectively, create a new digit translation table (under system parameters), then add an entry with an "Original" value of "8675" and a "Replacement" value of "" (nothing). Then edit your trunk group, check the "Extensions" check box, and select the newly created Translation Table.

This will strip the first 4 digits from the 8 digit number, and it will then map to the extension without a DID or DNIS entry.

Note that if you create additional DNIS or DID mappings on this trunk group, you will still have to use the full 8 digits for those.

Comment

Working...
    X