Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIP Least Cost Routing

We have over 100 sites that are all using Etherspeak (SIP) with 1 analog phone line out for 911, a Fax Line, and a Credit Card machine.

Our locations have access to their SIP Trunk and POTS line however I do not have it set to dial out on their POTS line for anything other than 911. Per ShoreTel if I give them access to their Local and Long Distance it will dial out on their POTS line before their SIP. I need everything at the lot to dial on the SIP before the POTS. Why? Because if they dial out on their POTS first the Fax, Credit Card machine, and 911 will always be busy.

ShoreTel told me to check "Parent as Proxy" however the rep told me like this. . It "Should" Work. It didnt give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

So what do you all think? Ideas, Sugestions? If I need to go into more detail let me know.

Just to be clear, it sounds like you have local POTS lines, and the SIP lines are at a parent site. Is that correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Miersk View Post
      Just to be clear, it sounds like you have local POTS lines, and the SIP lines are at a parent site. Is that correct?
      You got it.

Comment

Some custom dialplan work. My first guess would be to add ;-15 on the Sip trunk, and ;25M on the 911 trunk. Really though, you should read KB12996 on the ShoreTel Support site.

Comment

Working...
        X