Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dial by last name extension for 110 and 115 sets

I have some users with the 110 and 115 (no directory button) sets who would like to access the dial by last name option without dialing into the Auto Attendent, but I can't find the extension for it. Where does that extension appear?

There is no built-in extension which offers dial-by-name functionality. You could set up a new auttoattendant just for these people.

Comment

Just create an auto-attendant that times out at 0, and for the time out property, have it dial by last name. That way the users will think that they are dialing into the dial by name directory.

Comment

OK

Thanks, that should work. I have 8 school sites plus a district office and transportation, all connected via CSME WAN. As far as I can tell the dial by last name is global,so I can use just one AA for all the sites.

Comment

If you want site-specific, you can also create an extension list, then click on the -- beside the action and choose that list. This limits the dial by name to extensions in that list.

Comment

Originally posted by Palitto Consulting View Post
            If you want site-specific, you can also create an extension list, then click on the -- beside the action and choose that list. This limits the dial by name to extensions in that list.
            Otherwise, yes, it is one global list.

Comment

Working...
            X