Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to create a button for MAKE HUNT GROUP BUSY

Anyone know how to create a button for "Make Hunt Busy" on the call manager or on the IP230 phone?

(Make Hunt busy = *18 + the hunt group extension)

Unfortunately, the only good way I have found to do this was as follows:

1. Create a loopback trunk of some kind (For example, I created an analog user and connected that port to an analog trunk).
    2. In the trunk group, set up an off system extension
    3. Specify a digit map on the trunk and add an entry for the OSE
    4. Manually edit the database to change that map to map it to the *18 code
    5. Restart TMS
    6. Program the button to dial that OSE

Comment

I really wanna' try this. But I'm not really clear. If you can help, that would be awesome!

Step 3 - not sure exactly what you're referring to when you say "specify a digit map" on the trunk. Can you provide steps for this?

Step 4 - Sorry, I lost you at "manually edit the database". Which database and how are you doing that? The MySql database?

Thanks!!

Comment

3 - This is a translation table, the last option in the trunk group. Configure the table under System Parameters->Digit Translation Tables.

4 - Yes, this is the Shoreware database. In v8 and later, this is stored in MySQL as the database shoreware in the table digittranslationentries.

Comment

Your instructions worked great for me Palitto. Now I have a button on my phones that allow me to busy/unbusy a hunt group. This allows me to switch to and from day/night mode. It's too bad I had to tie up a trunk and a analog phone port to do this though.

Comment

Working...
          X