Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error when attempting to install Outlook VM and Calendar integration on PCM

We're running PCM Build 15.41.3005.0 and Outlook 2007.
    After installing PCM, when I go to Options > Outlook and click the Instal button for VM or Calendar I get the following error:

There already is an Outlook profile. The contacts integration works fine.

Any ideas?

Well, it seems as though there is no .ost or .pst file...whichever is correct here.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby_Digital View Post
      Well, it seems as though there is no .ost or .pst file...whichever is correct here.
      One would think so, but the users do in fact have an .ost file.

It's got to be something else. Anybody? Bueller?

Comment

Try looking in the Account Settings in Outlook. You might need to add the user in the Data Files tab.

Comment

Originally posted by rkbrente View Post
          Try looking in the Account Settings in Outlook. You might need to add the user in the Data Files tab.
          Everything was OK there as well.

On a whim I tried disabling UAC and the problem went away.
          However, this now opens the PC up bypassing our security controls.

There's got to be a better solution.

Comment

Uac

Do you have UAC enabled, and your user isn't a local admin?

If so, I have seen this type of behavior.

The PCM needs admin rights to install, with UAC, when you approve admin elevation and type alternate credentials (for admin elevation), the PCM is dumb enough that is tries to install the integration INTO the admin account, not the original user account. The admin account probably doesnt have a profile created.

We have stopped using the outlook integration - because it sucks badly. Riddled with bugs and incompatible with UAC in many respects. We have started using Delivery as a wave file, marking messages as heard immediately. You still get unified communications, without the goofey add-ins

The "solution" is to disable UAC (or make the user a local admin), install the integration, then remove admin rights and enable uac again. Totally unrealistic process........

Comment

Originally posted by eazeaz View Post
              Do you have UAC enabled, and your user isn't a local admin?
              Yes, that's the situation.

Originally posted by eazeaz View Post
              ... The "solution" is to disable UAC (or make the user a local admin), install the integration, then remove admin rights and enable uac again. ...
              It looks like that's what we'll be doing, since management wants the integration, as "goofey" as it is.

Comment

Working...
              X