Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• twentyfour 7 control

I ran into an issue while on vacation. One of the other admins was not able to get into "Schedules" through ShoreWare Director. It tells her that she needs "twentyfour 7 control".
    Where do I find that, how do I install it on the other admin machines?

ActiveX

The activeX controls normally try to install automatically. If the user has admin rights, try adding the URL of your director into the TRUSTED SITES list, otherwise, you wont ever be prompted to install anything, it is just blocked as malware

Comment

She has admin rights and I had already added the URL to the trusted sites. Still not working. It's got to be something that I am over looking. She is apart of the admin group within shoretel along with admin rights on her own machine.

Comment

go to internet Tools/ Internet options/ security/ Internet/ custom levels/ enable active X plugins

Comment

What version of ShoreTel and what version of Internet Explorer? Shoretel 6 on IE 8 does not work well, I've found.

Comment

We are on 9.1 and using IE6 sp3. Active X plugins are enabled and still does not work.

Comment

You may need to move to IE 7 or 8, I do not think 6 is supported any more once you get to ShoreTel 9.

Comment

I am using IE6 and have no issues. She is using IE7.

Comment

Tell her to hold control when clicking on a schedule. This will open up the page in a new tab. See if you can use this new tab to install the Active X plugin, then close the tab and continue working in the original.

Comment

Make sure the plugins are being enabled on the trust sites and not the internet.

Comment

I usually find that manually adding the url for shoreware director to "Local Intranet" rather than "Trusted Sites" is sufficient.
                      The ActiveX controls seem to take a very long time to download and install the first time they are used for some reason, in particular the ones on the Workgroup pages.

Comment

Working...
                      X