Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring a loop back cable

Hi we have a number of 220E1 that will not be connected to an outside line for some time.

Is there a way of wiring a cat5e plug to fool the switch? Like some kind of loop back?

J.

Depends on what you have them programmed for. If it is a T1 (US) then you just have to do a crossover on the relevant T1 pairs and this will work like a loop back, I do not think this will work for a PRI but I have never tried it, not sure about an E1 but it should be easy to test. Have you played with the loop-back settings in the quickview page for the E1s?

Comment

You should be able to loop the blue and orange pairs.

Comment

Nope, didn't work. Any other ideas?

J

Comment

Just put it to type "CAS", this will get rid of the red alarm on a switch that is not connected to a PRI/T1. Thats what I do. The only downfall is the switch needs to be restarted to change it back to type "PRI" or a quick google search will show you how to make a loopback quite easily.

Comment

Knowledge Base | Digium / How do I make an E1/T1 loopback connector?

I've done this before on a T1 PRI with no problems.

Comment

thanks swilliamson, that worked.

The only poroblem is that Director is still reporting it as down, even though the port on the switch is green?

J

Comment

Working...
              X