Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ShorePhone IP 265 phones failing

    I'm a new Shoretel customer and we have some of the ShorePhone IP 265 phones (we just cutover last Friday). We are running into an issue where it seems the phones are overheating and the LCD stops working. Has anyone else had this issue? So far we have had 4 fail in the past 2 weeks, so we are at about a 25% failure rate. Not good.

    Chris

  • #2
    We don't have any IP265's, but we have been using 2 IP565's for about 3-4 month's with no issues. The IP565's were 'officially' released yesterday. They have a color screen as well.

    Odd. What kind of power source? PoE switch or Power brick? If a PoE switch, what model?

    Comment


    • #3
      We have the same problem with the IP230's during boot. It would light up then look like it would power down. Then you hit a button and it boots. When we gave it more power it worked.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Charles
        We don't have any IP265's, but we have been using 2 IP565's for about 3-4 month's with no issues. The IP565's were 'officially' released yesterday. They have a color screen as well.

        Odd. What kind of power source? PoE switch or Power brick? If a PoE switch, what model?
        All of our phones are connected to (3) Cisco 3560 PoE (WS-C3560-48PS) switches. Are VAR is still working with ShoreTel to find out what is going on. I brought in a temp probe this morning to check how hot the failed phones are getting and it came in at 102F. Hope ShoreTel can get this one resolved soon.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by cdunn
          All of our phones are connected to (3) Cisco 3560 PoE (WS-C3560-48PS) switches. Are VAR is still working with ShoreTel to find out what is going on. I brought in a temp probe this morning to check how hot the failed phones are getting and it came in at 102F. Hope ShoreTel can get this one resolved soon.

          Wow, must be something with a particular batch of IP265 phones. We've been running IP265 and IP565 phones since near the beginning of the 7.5 beta (I think we've had the phones since July or August). No problems. Shoretle has made some hardware revisions to the IP565G (which is now the version that is available to purchase) but it has only centered around bluetooth and not heat / screen issues.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by cburgy
            Wow, must be something with a particular batch of IP265 phones. We've been running IP265 and IP565 phones since near the beginning of the 7.5 beta (I think we've had the phones since July or August). No problems. Shoretle has made some hardware revisions to the IP565G (which is now the version that is available to purchase) but it has only centered around bluetooth and not heat / screen issues.
            It's starting to sound like it maybe a bad batch of phones. Just have to wait to see what ShoreTel tell's the VAR.

            Comment


            • #7
              I am running 15 IP265's, no problems so far. The back sticker indicates model "S36" and a code to the right of the IP address is "R0738." Is that the "batch" number?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by davidj
                I am running 15 IP265's, no problems so far. The back sticker indicates model "S36" and a code to the right of the IP address is "R0738." Is that the "batch" number?
                Mine have the same model number but the code to the right is R0744. Which it does look like a batch/lot number. As soon as I find out from the VAR what is going on I will pass it along (they are waiting on ShoreTel right now for an answer).

                Comment


                • #9
                  565G's aren't (yet) on the shoretel website. Where can we find spec sheets?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by davidj
                    565G's aren't (yet) on the shoretel website. Where can we find spec sheets?
                    I have a PDF sheet that my sells rep sent over yesterday after I asked him about the phone. You can PM with your email and I can send it over.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Basically, it's an IP560G (gigabit) with Color LCD and Native Bluetooth. You can pair you existing bluetooth headset (like the one for your cell phone) directly to the IP565.



                      Features
                      1. 6 lines (tri-color LED)
                      2. 8 feature keys
                        1. Transfer
                        2. Conference
                        3. Hold
                        4. Intercom
                        5. Redial (History)
                        6. Voicemail
                        7. Options
                        8. Directory
                      3. 4 soft keys
                      4. High-resolution backlit color display
                        1. 320 x 240 pixels
                      5. Full duplex Speakerphone
                      6. Bluetooth Interface (2.0)
                        1. Hands-free calling with Bluetooth headsets
                      7. Audio Controls
                        1. Volume (independent control)
                        2. Speakerphone (LED)
                        3. Mute (LED)
                        4. Headset (LED)
                      1. Message waiting LED
                      2. IP Telephony
                        1. MGCP protocol
                        2. VLAN, DiffServ/ToS, 5004/udp QoS
                        3. Wideband, G.711u/a, G.729A codecs
                        4. Built-in 10/100/1000 ethernet switch
                        5. 802.3af PoE (standard), local power adapter optional
                      3. Physical
                        1. 11.6 x 7.5 x 5.3 in / 29.5 x 19.1 x 13.5 cm
                        2. 2.6 lbs / 1.2 kg
                        3. Class 3 PoE (4.2 W idle / 6.2 W max)
                        4. RJ45 uplink (to switch)
                        5. RJ45 downlink (PoE passthru, to computer)
                        6. RJ22 handset port
                        7. RJ22 headset port (amplified)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thanks cdunn for the PDF offering. I've sent you a PM.
                        Thanks charles for the spec listing. I had wondered about power draw, form factor etc.
                        Does the phone need a specific release or higher (we are new and thus on a CR of 7.5) to avoid Firmware Version Mismatch?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I don't recall the actual minimum version number, but it only works on CR 7.5 Only right now. If you have an older version of 7.5, bluetooth may not work on it. It's no big deal upgrading to the latest build of 7.5 though.

                          As far as power, it is a Gigabit phone, therefore it is a Class 3 device (just like the IP560G) , not a Class 2

                          If gigabit and Bluetooth are not important, I would get a IP265. It's color, has all the features of a IP560, but with a smaller footprint (about that of the IP230).
                          Last edited by Forum; 01-23-2008, 05:14 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Charles
                            I don't recall the actual minimum version number, but it only works on CR 7.5 Only right now. If you have an older version of 7.5, bluetooth may not work on it. It's no big deal upgrading to the latest build of 7.5 though.

                            As far as power, it is a Gigabit phone, therefore it is a Class 3 device (just like the IP560G) , not a Class 2

                            If gigabit and Bluetooth are not important, I would get a IP265. It's color, has all the features of a IP560, but with a smaller footprint (about that of the IP230).

                            You need to be running at least 12.13.1328 for the new IP565g phones. It will work on prior builds but there are phone firmware changes that are imperative for bluetooth integrated into 12.13.1327 or later.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Just a follow-up on this, it turned out there was a bad batch of 265 phones. Some internal component was not handling hi temps very well. ShoreTel in the long run replaced all of our 265 sets. The replacements have been running for about a month now with no issues.

                              What was causing the issue was some phones were located close to the windows, so when we had a warm sunny afternoon, the phone would warm up and fail.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X