Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Recorded Message

We are looking to implement the following any help is appreciated.

1) Employee Dials outbound
    2) Employee gets voicemail/answering machine
    3) Employee hits button on phone that transfer the call to a prerecorded message
    4) System Hangs up at the end of the message

I have been able to achieve this via an autoattendant with a 0 timeout, but at the end it says thank you for calling.

I am looking for other creative ways of handling this or removing the thank you for calling prompt.

Please let me know if you have any thoughts.

M

The "thank you for calling" is a prerecorded prompt the system plays as part of it's hang up sequence. You could find that file and replace it with one that has several seconds of silence but is named identically. (I would make backup copies before you mess with it)

Comment

We were unable to find this file. Does anyone know where it would be stored?

Comment

en-us.phr or the equivalent file for your language. They are on the server in the ShoreWare Server folder. It is a file with a header of some sort followed by the raw uLaw, 8-bit, 8kHz mono audio data. You can edit it with Audacity.

Comment

Thank you very much.

Comment

Has anyone successfully edited this file? From what I can tell, this file contains ALL autoattendant prompts.

Is it safe to assume it knows what prompts are where from the time stamp?
            Is there some type of 'time-line' file or something that tells you what prompts are where?

Can Audacity really save the file correctly after changing the prompts without messing up whatever datastream is at the begining of the file?
            Last edited by Jason_C; 07-21-2010, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Yes, I have heard of one person who has safely edited this file. The header is probably the length information for each prompt. I have not tried to reverse-engineer it.

Comment

Geez.. You would have to make the replacement prompt fill the exact same timeslot of the previous prompt, and hope Audacity didn't make any changes in the header (due to conversion or compression) while saving it.

I guess if you want to add some effects, or even bump up the volume, make sure you don't do it to the header portion (noise at the begining of the file).

Comment

Originally posted by mnikravesh View Post

3) Employee hits button on phone that transfer the call to a prerecorded message

I have been able to achieve this via an autoattendant with a 0 timeout, but at the end it says thank you for calling.

I am looking for other creative ways of handling this or removing the thank you for calling prompt.

M
                  We want to do the exact same thing. I was also looking at auto-attendant but cannot (yet) get the message to play. Did you have any luck? I was thinking about creating an ext w/ a mailbox and call forward all to voice mail and record the mailbox greeting but don't allow messages.

Any other thoughts on how to play a prerecorded message?

Comment

Originally Posted by mnikravesh

M

We want to do the exact same thing. I was also looking at auto-attendant but cannot (yet) get the message to play. Did you have any luck? I was thinking about creating an ext w/ a mailbox and call forward all to voice mail and record the mailbox greeting but don't allow messages.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________

Don't use a ext. VM use a workgroup it is then won;t cost you for the ext and vm box it's free!

Comment

Originally posted by iflyvfr View Post

If you are going to make a dumb VM box use a workgroup then you don't have to pay for the ext. & VM box Lic. and it works just the same.

Comment

Originally posted by mosterhout View Post
                        If you are going to make a dumb VM box use a workgroup then you don't have to pay for the ext. & VM box Lic. and it works just the same.
                        Yeah, the ext w/ vm was a bad idea. I can record the message as the mailbox name, but as soon as it ends, it wants you to leave a message in the mailbox. Definitely not what we have in mind. I'll play w/ a workgroup.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Comment

Yeah, that's not gonna work. I want it to play the msg, then hang up the phone.

Comment

I have done this several times with an AA, it works fine so long as you set it up correctly. What issues are you having?

Comment

Hi Ben, issue of being an IT administrator and not knowing the Shoretel system well enough.

With a little help, I did use AA and set the timeout to 0 and timeout result to hangup. Then I did a Transfer Blind to the ext and put that on a button bar in Call Mgr. Works like a charm.

Comment

Working...
                              X