Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shoretel dialing "1"

I'm using shortel 7.5. When I dial phone numbers a one is automatically added before the area code. There are some numbers (I think "Metro" numbers) in the Dallas area that prohibit dialing a one before it. Is there some sort of exclusion list in Shortel where this can be stopped? Example, I physically dial 9-214-987-6543 and the phone dials 9-1-214-987-6543, and I get a verbal message on the phone that it is not necessary to dial a 1 when calling this number. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks - Eric

In your trunk group, did you check the option "Remove leading 1 for Local Area Codes (for all prefixes unless a specific local prefix list is provided below)"? Or are these numbers not in your local area code?

If the numbers are not in your local area code, you will need a custom dial plan.

Comment

Eric, sorry man, but are you a Shoretel partner or customer? If you're a partner, then OK, you're learning...customer, you shouldnt be bothered with these kinds of things, I would think. Why should a customer have to go through all the guides to figure out how to limit a users' VM box size? And why should a customer have to figure out to remove the leading 1 for local area codes??

Unless, like I said, you are a partner...then its all part of the learning experience, isnt it?

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby_Digital View Post
        Eric, sorry man, but are you a Shoretel partner or customer? If you're a partner, then OK, you're learning...customer, you shouldnt be bothered with these kinds of things, I would think. Why should a customer have to go through all the guides to figure out how to limit a users' VM box size? And why should a customer have to figure out to remove the leading 1 for local area codes??

Unless, like I said, you are a partner...then its all part of the learning experience, isnt it?
        Sometimes the customer likes to understand their system so they are not completely dependent on their partner for every little thing.

Comment

Congratulations! You are in the poster-child metro area which ShoreTel uses to describe hard to build dial plans.
          I would recommend getting you TELCO to let you dial E.164 where every number you dial goes out as 1+10D.
          This way you skip the problem entirely an don't have to worry about updating prefix lists etc...

Comment

Working...
          X