Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TMS Event 246

I've been to told that many administrators filter out this message, but I'd at least like to have an idea what causes it since it happens 360-5000 times apparently instantaneously:

The Telephony Management Server has logged an informational debug message. The debug message contents are:

.\FirstPartyTms.cpp(6588) : Assertion failed: pNccCall

It seems to be happening right before the start of businness, around 7:53 -7:57 a.m.

It's a SIP Phone that's failing registration. We were getting these every 20 seconds from a polycom that we had deleted a user account for, but of course the description and usefulness of the error message is ZERO.

It's important to track down SIP phones like this that are invalid, as we found they'd spontaneously reboot our SG90 over time as they continually failed registration. I'd rate this as a serious bug against Shoretel, as anybody could simply plug a SIP phone in somewhere (or have a sip client on an iPhone), and essentially crash your Shoretel over time.

Comment

Originally posted by flxstr View Post
      we found they'd spontaneously reboot our SG90 over time as they continually failed registration. I'd rate this as a serious bug
      I know it's a little old, but just wondering if you have done an upgrade since, and if your SG90 still reboots... I'm pretty sure this was a bug, and to be honest, just a shitload of registrations, be it failing or not, has rebooted switches for us in the past.

This has been fixed, for us at least, in upgrades.

Comment

Does this mean that say...if an employee leaves the company and you delete their account from the system, you should also disconnect his\her physical phone from the network?

Comment

Originally posted by balbs View Post
          Does this mean that say...if an employee leaves the company and you delete their account from the system, you should also disconnect his\her physical phone from the network?
          Not necessarily, the "user" and the phone are separate things on the shoretel.
          You plug a phone in and it will register itself to a ShoreGear switch and then you assign a user to the phone.
          If the user leaves, you can delete their extension but the phone will just go back to having no extension number yet still be connected to the ShoreGear without issue.
          On the other hand, if you unplug a phone it will still consume a port on the ShoreGear switch and the switch will still try to manage it - in Quick Look if you drill down to the list of phones registered to a ShoreGear it will say "Out of Service - Operational"
          You should delete phones that are never ever going to be plugged back in again so that they don't continue to consume a port. Or if the phone will be unplugged for a long time you can choose to delete it or not. You do this under Individual IP Phones.

Comment

I've been getting Event ID 246 error from the TMS. It occurs about 70 times per day.
            The Telephony Management Server has logged an informational debug message. The debug message contents are:

.\FirstPartyTms.cpp(7085) : Assertion failed: pNccCall

I don't believe I have any SIP phones failing registration. We use Polycom SIP phones and we recently added a new user who is a heave phone user. These errors only seem to occur during the hours that this user is working. After a couple weeks the switch seemed to lock up and not accept any SIP connections! All SIP phones can't register (we only have 3 right now). I have to reboot the 120 switch to correct the problem. This has happened twice now.
            Last edited by LDS; 04-18-2012, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X