Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Recently updated to 10.1 many problems...

    ShoreTel 10.1
    Build 15.21.7406.0

    System directory is gone, even if I create a new user, it shows up in call manager, but not director. Call manager does not have any internal exensions available execpt for that new one I just created.

    Also noticed that some phone extensions do not work and it seems to be random for which ones are broken. :surrender:
    Last edited by lmarschner; 07-21-2010, 11:31 AM. Reason: found that broken extensions were random, no correlation between one broken extension and the next.

  • #2
    Sounds like data corruption during the upgrade, do you have a pre-upgrade backup?

    I would restore to that backup and try the upgrade again.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by blanning View Post
      Sounds like data corruption during the upgrade, do you have a pre-upgrade backup?

      I would restore to that backup and try the upgrade again.
      Thats what we are leaning towards right now. I didn't do the update so Im not sure if a backup was made before hand, but I do know that the data in the database file is there, it's just not talking to the front end system directory. I also contacted Shoretel support and they were baffeled and had to escalate to tier2.
      Thanks for suggestion, I'll let you know what we figure out.

      Comment


      • #4
        Reinstall

        I think that I would try to re-install and then import your two databases. It should be the exact same process as moving to new hardware.

        When I say re-install, I mean wipe the OS, reinstall windows, then install shoretel, then import the two databases. It sounds terrible, but it really is pretty simple.

        if your databases are not corrupt, you would be back in business in 4 hours tops.

        Comment


        • #5
          We are on 10.1 no issues to report. Upgrading to 10.2 on Friday

          Comment


          • #6
            We are up and working now. Here's what we did:
            1. try to repair by reinstalling 10.1 - did not work
            2. try to upgrade to 10.2 - did not work
            3. rolled back to 9.2 - Once we did this our data in the directory came back and all other problems with call manager and some extensions not working were all fixed, but then we had the TAPI crash (which is why we tried the upgrade in the first place). After all that we upgraded to 10.2 with no problems and everything is working normally again. Thanks for the help and suggestions.

            Comment

            Working...
            X