Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conference Issues

Is there a way to disable the "Conference" feature on a specific phone?

You could set it to only allow 3 party conferences through their telephony class of service so they are not using any resources, but I am not aware of a way to make 3 pary conferences not work.

Comment

Is there any way to disable the conference button on a phone?

Comment

What model of phone? The Conference button could be disabled easily with custom programming. The Join button is not as easy to disable. Another option would be to drop any conference calls, so you could still initiate a conference but couldn't do anything with it.

Can you explain why this functionality needs to be disabled?

Comment

It is a 230. We are not sure yet what the person did. They stated that they where trying to setup a conference call and somehow transfered the call, after it was connected, into the overhead paging system (they don't know how they did it, didn't even know they did it). This conversation was being broadcasted over the entire building. Since the call was connected then somehow conferenced into the paging system I am just taking it they hit the conference button.
          I am trying to figure out a way that calls can not be transfered or conferenced into the paging system.
          You said something about dropping any conference calls, can I do that per extension or phone?
          I have done a little programming of the phones on my own, nothing major. How difficult would it be?

Comment

In that case the problem becomes simpler: It doesn't sound like you really need to disable conferencing all together: you just need to disable indirect calls to the paging system. In that case, you just need an application which monitors the paging system extension and drops any calls that are not directly dialed or which become part of a conference.

Comment

Do you have a name for this application and where I could get it?

Comment

I don't think such an application exists.

* If you have the SDK, you could write it.

* We could write it for you or help you write it, if needed. I could have someone get you a quote if you PM me your contact info.

* ShoreTel Professional Services could also write it for you. Talk to your ShoreTel partner for more info on that option.

Comment

Working...
                X