No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking beta testers

All –

Shoreware 11.1 is introducing a new feature called RNIE (redirecting Number Information Element) In support we have had many customers with an ISDN PRI/BRI, who use “Find me”, Office anywhere” or Call Forward always” to find out after the installation that the original Caller ID was not received on the incoming phone or that the call was rejected by the carrier. Consequently, ShoreTel support would create custom dial strings for the customers to allow at least the main BTN (Billing Telephone Number) to be delivered to the carrier if the originating CID did not match their DID range of their trunk-group.

The Service providers we have experienced this problem with are Verizon, Qwest, and most recently AT&T. The service providers have advised ShoreTel if we provide a Redirecting Number (original CID) in the Redirecting IE field with the main BTN or users DID in the calling Party number they would send the far-end the original CID of the call.

If you have any questions please let me know and if you have a customer or partner interested in participating in the Beta program to test this feature, send an email to [email protected].

So how does this new upgrade path work again? We're on 9.2 (14.42.8500.0). It looks like I can upgrade to 10.1, but there are some features in 9.2 that don't seem to be available in 10.1 (voicemail privacy for one). Will that feature be available in 11.0 or 11.1? Is a 10.2 with that feature coming out?

Comment

Working...
    X