Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need ideas on fax roll over group

We are in the process of rolling out a MultiTech 8 port fax server. We have it installed into our ShoreTel system and it appears to be working well when we fax to our DID.

The Question:

One of our departments has 8 fax numbers which are grouped into a roll over account through AT&T services. Each number is assigned to a physical fax.

What I am thinking of doing is to create a hunt group with a new fax number then assign all the fax extensions to this hunt group. It appears to be a good idea but is it the best way to accomplish this? I would like to hear how others handle faxing using ShoreTel and a fax server. We want to cut AT&T out of the loop.

Fax #'s

You dont necessarily even need a hunt group to do what you are wanting.

All our fax numbers come into the shoretel system. We have the following ports setup analog:

FAX1
    FAX2
    FAX3
    FAX4
    FAX5
    FAX6
    FAX7
    FAX8

All The Fax number DID's have a DNIS entry that forwards them ALL to the FAX1 line.

Each "FAX" line has their call stack size set to 1
    Each line has their NO ANSWER/BUSY destination set to the next line in the logical group.

So if FAX1 is busy, the call goes to FAX2. If FAX2 is busy, the call goes to FAX3, all the way to FAX8 which goes back to FAX1. All the analog lines go into the multitech, the multitech gets the appropriate DID # and matches to the correct user. Same can be done with Physical fax machines, but I would strongly recommend looking at a fax server. You couldnt possibly really even need 8 lines could you?

Comment

Originally posted by eazeaz View Post
      You dont necessarily even need a hunt group to do what you are wanting.

All our fax numbers come into the shoretel system. We have the following ports setup analog:

FAX1
      FAX2
      FAX3
      FAX4
      FAX5
      FAX6
      FAX7
      FAX8

All The Fax number DID's have a DNIS entry that forwards them ALL to the FAX1 line.

Each "FAX" line has their call stack size set to 1
      Each line has their NO ANSWER/BUSY destination set to the next line in the logical group.
      This is similar to how I ended up doing it with a MultiTech Fax server. It was 10 users each with their own fax DID. Pointed them all to the first fax port with DNIS and set it to forward to the next one when busy. When I used a hunt group the fax server would get the DID of the hunt group not the incoming DID.

Comment

Turns out the solution was much easier than I thought. The MultiTech server is setup to roll the calls from FAX1 to FAX2 etc and FAX8 to FAX1.

In ShoreTel we just added an extension to receive fax calls for that department. Now all fax calls are rolled over at the MultiTech Server level.

Now any fax extension will automatically participate in the rollover at the fax server.

Comment

Working...
        X