Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoretel Shoreware Director 7 - Long Distance Call Forwarding

So i am trying to figure out how to forward calls from either routepoint or individual user to a long distance number. Right now i get the prompt to put in the long distance code ( LONG BEEP NOISE ). How do i by-pass this for a specific user/route point?

I even figured out how to allow the long distance number in the field.

I tried the link below and couldn't make any headway.

http://www.shoretelforums.com/forums...istance-2.html
    Last edited by Avenue; 06-14-2010, 01:43 PM.

Change the usergroup for the RP to not require account codes and grant access to the appropriate call permissions. Make sure trunk to trunk transfer is allowed under COS - telephony for that user group.

Comment

as of right now the account code collection is disabled.. and Call Permissions are set to no restrictions. Trunk to Truck is set as well.

Does PRI / DID play a part in this being allowed?

Comment

Tough to say without digging into exactly how it is configured. You can post some screenshots if you like and I can take a look. I assume you are doing this with a route point right now?

If you have account code disable and you are being prompted, that could be on the carrier side.

Comment

Originally posted by cburgy View Post
          Tough to say without digging into exactly how it is configured. You can post some screenshots if you like and I can take a look. I assume you are doing this with a route point right now?

If you have account code disable and you are being prompted, that could be on the carrier side.
          I think that the carrier may be the issue. Reason being I recently got this new system and on the older system, the account codes were never linked to the actual server itself. How would i get around this? Couldnt I just program it in whether it was a Route Point or Individual user?

Comment

Not in a simple manner, you need to send digits over the call. You could potentially accomplish this via custom dial plan rules to match based upon source extension and destination number.

You should have the carrier remove the account code collection and do it on Shoretel instead. This will be the simplest to maintain going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by cburgy View Post
              Not in a simple manner, you need to send digits over the call. You could potentially accomplish this via custom dial plan rules to match based upon source extension and destination number.

You should have the carrier remove the account code collection and do it on Shoretel instead. This will be the simplest to maintain going forward.
              I would rather not have to mess w/ carrier changing anything at all.

Can you provide me with some instructions on how to send the account code digits over the call as a suffix or custom dial plan rule like you are suggesting?

Comment

bump.. Any one have suggestions or instructions on how todo this?

Comment

I'm running into an instance where i need to do something like this, does anyone have any information on how to accomplish this?

Comment

If ShoreTel reads this blog, they need to come up with a soluion to this. I have many accounts who use an externall collection billing system that do not want to use the SHoreTel account code feature. Because of this limitation, they cannot use any features like Addtioanl phones, Find Me or any other related feature because their cell numbers are long didtance from the Head Quarters. Major problem.

Comment

If ShoreTel reads this blog, they need to come up with a solution to this. I have many accounts who use an external collection billing system that do not want to use the ShoreTel account code feature. Because of this limitation, they cannot use any features like Addtioanl phones, Find Me or any other related feature because their cell numbers are long didtance from the Head Quarters. Major problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X