Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheduling lunchtime phone coverage

I have read similar posts but did not find one that was identical to my situation:
    I have 12 sales people. Business hrs. are 8am-5pm. Lunch for most people is 12-1pm. There is a group to cover the phones during this time. That group takes lunch 1pm-2pm. I created a schedule for Sales WG1 with hrs 8am-12pm and 1pm-5pm. I created another WG for 12-1 phone coverage. At 12pm the phones did not ring on WG1 but also did not ring on the 12-1 WG. It seems that the system does not know where to route the calls after 12pm so it sends them to WG1 mailbox. Using Call Manager 10.1 Build 15.21.3903.0.
    Thanks for the help.

Did you specify the second workgroup as the always forward destination on the Off Hours tab of WG1?

Comment

No, I actually have another WG that WG1 goes to. If I can make one change before lunch time every day that would be ok. Maybe changing the always forward destination will do it. I will try this today and let you know. Thank you for the help.

Comment

One problem with this solution is that the lunch coverage WG goes to lunch at 1pm. If I forget to set the always fwd back will scheduler resume putting calls to WG1 at 1 pm or will they continue to be forwarded to the group that covered lunch 12-1 and is now gone?

Comment

Set up an initial route point for your inbound calls with a schedule for 12-1. On hours should be set to forward to your 12-1 workgroup. Off hours should go to your sales workgroup.
          Create a 2nd schedule for your sales workgroup for 8-5 with your off hours programmed for where ever you want the calls to go.
          I believe that will resolve your issue without any extra work.

Comment

I'll try it. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X