Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MoH not playing

We are currently running ShoreTel 10.1 Build 15.21.3903.0. We started having an issues the other day where MoH stopped working. We are using a Music Source MoH6000 player connected directly to our SG50. We know the MoH player works since we can hear music playing directly from the device speaker. We have also restarted the SG50 and replaced the audio cable with no changes.

Make sure that the SG50 is the only switch with MoH enabled for that site. Cable should be mono. Check MoH player is set to 600Om. Test by calling in from OUTSIDE, you won't hear MoH with ext to ext calls.

That's about all I got.

Comment

Thanks, that did it. When we upgraded from 8.x to 10.1 apparently when we upgraded it enabled the Music Source on the SG50 and one of our T1k's.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr_Klahn View Post
        Make sure that the SG50 is the only switch with MoH enabled for that site. Cable should be mono. Check MoH player is set to 600Om. Test by calling in from OUTSIDE, you won't hear MoH with ext to ext calls.

That's about all I got.
        The outside calling is key! Thanks!

Comment

Why doesn't the MOH work when dialing ext. to ext.?

Comment

In SHoreTel implementation RTP is peer to peer. To have MOH extension to extension, the system should send a RE-INVITE to another extension. Shoretel says no MOH on ext to ext is to save bandwidth, from my point of view is just because it can be complex to implement.

Comment

Note there is no such thing as a reinvite for ShoreTel phones because reinvite is SIP and ShoreTel phones are MGCP.

To implement MoH, ShoreTel would need to 1. Don't modify the RTP connection status to inactive 2. Send RTP from the MoH switch to the proper port on the phone. I believe ShoreTel chose not to do this due to: 1. Bandwidth 2. Needing to query the sending phone for the RTP sequence number.

Comment

Working...
              X