Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with custom call string

We have two divisions within our company, and would like for our outbound CID to change based on the trunk access code we choose. I know that this is possible, but I do not want to contact prof services to get it done. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well, its real easy with Analog trunks, but I assume you aren't using analog trunks? if its a PRI, maybe thats something that the telco has to do.

Comment

It is actually SIP trunks, but we also have a PRI that we can do it on. Having the telco do the CID change will not resolve my issue as I need the end user to be able to change their outbound CID based on the trunk access code they dial.

Comment

Yeah, I got that. So having the telco push out a different CID depending on the trunk would do it, no?

Comment

I spoke with the TAC that does our SIP trunks and they said they do not support outbound CID manipulation.

Comment

Really? No one else has run into this issue? We would be willing to pay for services...

Comment

Can you setup a bridged call appearance?

Comment

If your SIP provider does not support manipulating outbound caller ID, then there i nothing anyone can do, not even with a custom program. You'll have to get a provider which would support changing it.

The ways to change it are as follows:
                1. Use a different trunk group for each outbound caller ID. Have the provider configure your caller ID for each set of trunks.
                2. Send the caller ID in the SIP message in some way, such as by changing the caller ID field for the user in Director before placing the call. Your provider says they don't support this.

If you can get a provider which can support #2, we could help you with a custom application to make it work based on trunk access code. #1 would require no programming at all, but will require some cooperation from your provider.

Comment

Originally posted by Palitto Consulting View Post
                  If your SIP provider does not support manipulating outbound caller ID, then there i nothing anyone can do, not even with a custom program. You'll have to get a provider which would support changing it.

The ways to change it are as follows:
                  1. Use a different trunk group for each outbound caller ID. Have the provider configure your caller ID for each set of trunks.
                  2. Send the caller ID in the SIP message in some way, such as by changing the caller ID field for the user in Director before placing the call. Your provider says they don't support this.

If you can get a provider which can support #2, we could help you with a custom application to make it work based on trunk access code. #1 would require no programming at all, but will require some cooperation from your provider.
                  What if we did the calls over a PRI? Could the CID be manipulated by creating a custom string that way?

Bobby_Digital,

We could do a BCA, but we only have 115's which do not have any soft keys program BCA's. We may just have to upgrade our phones. I heard with BCA's it has to be done with analog trunks. Is this true?

Comment

Well, it can be done with any trunks. A BCA is making a call out and using the CID of that BCA.

Analog trunks are hard coded, if you have trunk 1 for company A and trunk 2 for company B, they can dial 9 for trunk 1, and 8 for trunk 2, it will always show the CID of that trunk.

Comment

Working...
                    X