No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic call forwarding solution

Ok,

What I want to accomplish is at a certain time of the day lets say 7pm, i want my calls to be forwarded to another 800 number.

I know you can do this to a certain point in shoretel, but only at a user level not at an auto attendant/trunk level.

If I have done my research right; Ill have to call my telephone provider for them to do this.

Or does anyone know of an application or program that does this for you?

Thanks for any help!

Sean I hope I understand your question here.

At say 7:00PM each day you want calls to a certain DID or EXT to be re-routed to an external number. A 1800 service.

You need to do a few things.

- Create a schedule with the appropriate timings.
    - Create a hunt group and apply the schedule to it.
    - Add yourself to the hunt group
    - Add in the 1800 number to the Off-Hours / Holiday Destination field.
    - Route the DID / EXT to the hunt group.

This should allow calls to the EXT / DID to goto the hunt group during the On-Hours part of the schedule, and then to the 1800 service when the schedule is out of bounds / Off-Hours.

Hope this helps.

Francis

Originally posted by sean View Post
    Ok,

What I want to accomplish is at a certain time of the day lets say 7pm, i want my calls to be forwarded to another 800 number.

I know you can do this to a certain point in shoretel, but only at a user level not at an auto attendant/trunk level.

If I have done my research right; Ill have to call my telephone provider for them to do this.

Or does anyone know of an application or program that does this for you?

Thanks for any help!

Comment

Yeah I have done that portion before. Let me rephrase my question.

If people call 1-800-555-5555 during normal business hours and it rings my phone system normally; what service/setup will i have to get/do in order for people to call the same 1-800-555-5555 and it be routed to an off site location or another call center.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Try setting up a route point with the schedule you want.
        Under 'Call Controls' select 'Route Points'. Enter the info for your ext. by day and enter the off-site number in the 'Off-Hours' section. Don't forget to add your schedule to the route point.

Special Note:
        Beware of your Telco Provider NOT allowing off-site CLIDs to pass back out your PRI. You may have to have them turn that feature off.
        Last edited by 59Deano; 05-24-2010, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 59Deano View Post
          Try setting up a route point with the schedule you want.
          Under 'Call Controls' select 'Route Points'. Enter the info for your ext. by day and enter the off-site number in the 'Off-Hours' section. Don't forget to add your schedule to the route point.

Special Note:
          Beware of your Telco Provider NOT allowing off-site CLIDs to pass back out your PRI. You may have to have them turn that feature off.
          This would work if it was a number that is not already setup in my system to ring into my auto-attendant.

Thanks for the reply; but I may have to contact my phone provider and see if they can do this.

Comment

So why not simply change the existing setup? It is not difficult. Simply place the schedule on the existing AA, or make a new workgroup and configure the schedule there. Point the trunk at the new workgroup, then configure the always forward destination: On-hours forwards to the AA, off-hours tot he external number.

You have only two options:
            1. At some point redirect the number to the external destination via a schedule or call handling mode on an AA, route point, workgroup, or user extension. This uses two trunks, as the call comes into the system and goes back out to the destination.
            2. Purchase and/or activate a call forwarding service from your carrier. Usually this is activated/deactivated by dialing a special number or code from the line, not by a schedule. Some carriers may offer a schedule.

Comment

Are the 4 digits coming into your AA the same as your main number?
              If so, then yes, you will need to contact your Telco provider and ask them to change the DNIS to un-used DID or DNIS digits so you can control your 800 number, once you do that, you should be able to do what you want to with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Palitto Consulting View Post
                So why not simply change the existing setup? It is not difficult. Simply place the schedule on the existing AA, or make a new workgroup and configure the schedule there. Point the trunk at the new workgroup, then configure the always forward destination: On-hours forwards to the AA, off-hours tot he external number.

You have only two options:
                1. At some point redirect the number to the external destination via a schedule or call handling mode on an AA, route point, workgroup, or user extension. This uses two trunks, as the call comes into the system and goes back out to the destination.
                2. Purchase and/or activate a call forwarding service from your carrier. Usually this is activated/deactivated by dialing a special number or code from the line, not by a schedule. Some carriers may offer a schedule.
                Palitto, Thanks for the reply; but if I followed your step one, the calls would get forwarded correctly to the external number if i set it up for the customer to press a key in the AA option for off hours. Then after the service was over; there would be no way to put the AA to another schedule for the calls to go to voicemail automatically. Unless you created a Custom or holiday schedule, but you would have to edit it everyday. Not something I have time for.

I am leaning more towards Option 2.

Originally posted by 59Deano View Post
                Are the 4 digits coming into your AA the same as your main number?
                If so, then yes, you will need to contact your Telco provider and ask them to change the DNIS to un-used DID or DNIS digits so you can control your 800 number, once you do that, you should be able to do what you want to with it.

To answer your question Mr Deano, my telco routes the number through the trunk by DNIS. So I have full control over my 800 numbers as they reach my phone system; i just cant automatically switch them to go off site if they are already setup to route into my system. I can map them to an Off System number; but I cant route the same number to more than one location.

Looks like Ill have to contact my telco to see what they have.

Thanks for all the replies I will let you know what i find out.
                Last edited by sean; 05-25-2010, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sean View Post
                  if I followed your step one, the calls would get forwarded correctly to the external number if i set it up for the customer to press a key in the AA option for off hours. Then after the service was over; there would be no way to put the AA to another schedule for the calls to go to voicemail automatically. Unless you created a Custom or holiday schedule, but you would have to edit it everyday. Not something I have time for.
                  You do realize you can chain any number of workgroups or AAs in a row? Just have a workgroup in front of your existing AA like this.

Your business hours would go in the AA as usual.
                  The hours of this external service are configured in this workgroup.

Comment

Originally posted by Palitto Consulting View Post
                    You do realize you can chain any number of workgroups or AAs in a row? Just have a workgroup in front of your existing AA like this.

Your business hours would go in the AA as usual.
                    The hours of this external service are configured in this workgroup.

I did not think about that... putting the WG as the router. Good thinkin.

You could setup the on hours to go to the workgroup which forwards all requests to the AA.... then the off hours to the service... then back to the on hours of the workgroup which forwards all calls to the AA... then that schedule would take care of the calls. Interesting. Very Interesting!

E HAI FIVE!

Comment

...Hummm, that is what Route Points' do, without the need for agents, works either way.

Comment

and route points dont require a license

Beers all around.

Thanks for the help.
                        Last edited by sean; 05-28-2010, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X