Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume Outbound Calls

Hi, I see there have been a few posts regarding the volume of calls from ShoreTel systems.

I can see that I can adjust the Tx and Rx settings in the phone configuration files from the FTP server for the system, and I can also adjust the gain on the switch itself.

However I'm hesitant to do this as I have a single user who is advising that a switch (In another state from the user) when used to route calls through some outside parties have advised that the users voice level was very low.

As this is only one user we've had report this I'm hesitant to just adjust the Tx, Rx gain values. I've confirmed that we're calling land line numbers, and not mobiles.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what could be the cause of this?

Handset mic is quite directional to help reduce the level of background noise.
    Watch how the user is holding the handset, is the mic pointing towards their mouth or under their chin.
    If they are the type of user who holds the phone against their ear using their shoulder so they are hands free this may result in the mic pointing the wrong way, see if they would like to try a headset instead.

Comment

We have also had major outbound volume issues.

Our local ShoreTel service rep has logged into our system and has done some tests and downloaded log files. Still waiting for their response.

Comment

Originally posted by tjamro View Post
        We have also had major outbound volume issues.

Our local ShoreTel service rep has logged into our system and has done some tests and downloaded log files. Still waiting for their response.
        I'd be keen to know if make some changes, and what they are.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoreTel_Dave View Post
          Handset mic is quite directional to help reduce the level of background noise.
          Watch how the user is holding the handset, is the mic pointing towards their mouth or under their chin.
          If they are the type of user who holds the phone against their ear using their shoulder so they are hands free this may result in the mic pointing the wrong way, see if they would like to try a headset instead.
          Yes the mic is a known issue, (Although it isn't really an issue.) I can't tell people how many times I've told staff about the mic on the handsets...

Comment

Working...
          X