No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoretel Overhead Paging with Valcom V-2000A

Hello All,

We are trying to setup a Valcom V-2000A as an overhead paging system off of the Shortel Mini Out paging port.

Currently it "works" in that we dial the extension, and we can hear whatever we say into the handset come out of the loudspeaker (V-1030C). The problem is, the speaker volume is barely above a normal speaking voice (very quiet) even with both gains turned up to maximum.

Alternatively, I can plug in my Ipod or Phone (LG Env Touch) into this same port and the megaphone becomes extremely loud, even at half gain settings.

This leads me to believe that the Shoretel system is outputting at too low voltage/gain settings, and/or outputting at Pre-Amp levels.....

Anyone encountered this? Know how to fix it?

~Jason Lang

looking at the V-2000 description on the Valcom web site, looks to me like you also need an amplifier.

Comment

Is your Valcom a zone paging system, or just a one zone pages all type system? Does it have any trunk ports available? A lot of overhead paging systems connect through an FXO type port where you would patch into as opposed to the audio port on the switch.

Comment

We appear to have solved the issue..... We were using a "mono" plug to connect to the Valcom system. We switched to a "Stereo" plug on the recommendations of others on a different forum stating that it MUST be a stereo plug. Now it is much louder. My final question is this:

The output of the Shortel is only outputting on a single channel. I can confirm this because If i hook up one side of the stereo plug, i get zilch, and if i hook up the other side, I get normal (loud) output. It doesn't make sense to me why it would require a stereo plug to begin with, the phone system itself is no doubt Mono, and it seems to be a waste to have that second audio channel that does nothing other than disallow the use of a "mono" plug.

Is there a way to increase/reduce the audio output of this port internally, boost its gain?

Comment

We appear to have solved the issue..... We were using a "mono" plug to connect to the Valcom system. We switched to a "Stereo" plug on the recommendations of others on a different forum stating that it MUST be a stereo plug. Now it is much louder. My final question is this:

The output of the Shortel is only outputting on a single channel. I can confirm this because If i hook up one side of the stereo plug, i get zilch, and if i hook up the other side, I get normal (loud) output. It doesn't make sense to me why it would require a stereo plug to begin with, the phone system itself is no doubt Mono, and it seems to be a waste to have that second audio channel that does nothing other than disallow the use of a "mono" plug.

Is there a way to increase/reduce the audio output of this port internally, boost its gain?

Comment

Working...
          X