No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grandstream HandyTone ATA-286?

Hello Guys,

We send our clients a contract which requires them to sign and return by fax. Being that our Xerox Workcentre is down, I need to have a fax machine up and running for our staff as a temporary means until our main workcentre machine is back up and running. Unfortunately, all I have available is a standard analog fax machine which has a POTS RJ11 analog port, [no ethernet]. :shuriken:

Would using an ATA --such as the Grandstream HandyTone ATA-286-- work? If so, what changes would need to be made to the shoretel gear/director, or is it a simple plug and play installation?

Thank you for all the help that you can provide..

Additional information will be given upon request/if needed.

#phonebooth

Instead of using the ATA, do you have resources on one of your switches to allow an analog port? If so, just connect your fax machine to it and direct your fax number to that extension.

Comment

Originally posted by 59Deano View Post
      Instead of using the ATA, do you have resources on one of your switches to allow an analog port? If so, just connect your fax machine to it and direct your fax number to that extension.
      thanks for the response Deano. We currently have a new 24 port patch panel for analog ports on the ShoreTel switch 220T1, ports 1&2 are already configured for future analog POTS lines for PRI backup..

does this mean that I can connect my fax machine directly to either port 1 or 2? Would a special cable of some sort be needed? :thumbup1:

Comment

So I plugged in. Directed the phone number to the fax machine, yet I am not receiving a dial tone.... nor inbound fax... I'm sure that I'm doing something wrong and was wondering if anyone could provide any advice?:sweatdrop::sweatdrop:

TIA!

#phonebooth

Comment

Questions?
          1 - Is your Fax line Number a 'POTS' line or in it coming in on your PRI?

If it comes in on your PRI:
          a) You will need to program an analog station (RJ11 port) for you fax machine
          b) Assign that station to port #3 of your SG220T1
          c) However you have the Fax number defined on your Trunk Group, you will then need to assign it, either as the DNIS or DID, to the Analog port.
          d) Then connect a patch cord or cross connect, from port 3 to the jack that your fax machine is connected to.

If it is not, you should be able to connect the POTS line straight to the fax machine and bypass your ShoreTel all together.
          Last edited by 59Deano; 05-13-2010, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 59Deano View Post
            Questions?
            1 - Is your Fax line Number a 'POTS' line or in it coming in on your PRI?

If it comes in on your PRI:
            a) You will need to program an analog station (RJ11 port) for you fax machine
            b) Assign that station to port #3 of your SG220T1
            c) However you have the Fax number defined on your Trunk Group, you will then need to assign it, either as the DNIS or DID, to the Analog port.
            d) Then connect a patch cord or cross connect, from port 3 to the jack that your fax machine is connected to.

If it is not, you should be able to connect the POTS line straight to the fax machine and bypass your ShoreTel all together.

I sent you a private reply as there were private details listed.. :sweatdrop:

Comment

Working...
            X