Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoreware Director Login

What is the best way to either find out which account got set to administrator or reset it to the default. I was working on how change the director login from the default admin and changeme and found the correct way of adding users to the administrator group. While trying this out I did not save any changes as far as I know so that it would still be the default login. However it seems that some account must have gotten accidentally saved as the administrator. I have tried the two accounts I added for experimentation as well as the default with no avail.

So based on this is there a way I can find if one of the other user accounts got selected without being able to login to the director or should I just restore the database to a day or two ago when it was working?

restore the database will be the easiest. You could also get in and manually edit the database to give admin rights to a known user, but they make the field somewhat masked for security reasons. I have found it but would have to go looking to remember what it is and what you want to set it to.

Comment

The following SQL query will show you any users who are assigned a role:

SELECT GuiLoginName, RoleDesc FROM users INNER JOIN adminroles ON adminroles.roleid=users.roleid;

The following query will wipe out all role information:

UPDATE users SET roleid=NULL;

Comment

There are two ways the default login gets removed.

1. If a user is set with administrative rights. If that is the case, then Palitto's query is great.

2. If a user is added who's login name is admin. This will create a user who has the admin username but who does not have an admin credential.

UPDATE users SET GuiloginName = admin1 WHERE GuiloginName = admin;

Comment

The problem is most certainly adding a username called admin.

To submit this query to the database I would need to open up the database using localhost and root?

As of now I have not been able to login to the database using the following information on the shoretel server:

Server Host: localhost
          Username: root
          Password: shorewaredba
          Port: 3306

Using this info I get MySQL Error 2003 stating:
          Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)

This is using MySQL Administrator, Query Browser, etc.

If there is a better more straightforward way to change or delete the custom user named admin then I would like to hear it.

Thanks

Comment

For ShoreTel 10, the port is 4308.

Comment

This command SELECT GuiLoginName, RoleDesc FROM users INNER JOIN adminroles ON adminroles.roleid=users.roleid; showed me two columns with no data as expected since there isnt a user as the adminrole.

However using UPDATE users SET GuiloginName = admin1 WHERE GuiloginName = admin; resulted in an error stating: Unknown column 'admin' in 'where clause'
              Last edited by JF05; 05-03-2010, 12:47 PM.

Comment

UPDATE users SET GuiloginName='admin1' WHERE GuiloginName='admin';

Comment

That has done it, I really appreciate the excellent help.

Thanks.

Comment

another thing: you have to grant permissions to "SELECT" for the users: st_cdrreport and st_configread

Comment

CDR
                      port 4309
                      db: Shorewarecdr

Config
                      port: 4308
                      db: Shoreware

Comment

Working...
                      X