Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operator Call Manager

Ok, I'm a newbie to shoretel, I'll admit that right off the bat...

I've searched and haven't found anything in forum's relating to this. So here goes.

We have a common receptionist area, there are anywhere from 3 to 12 different people covering the desk. Each user has a seperate network logon...but I'm using a common logon for the call manager so they all share the operator function. Well, it's time to cycle that PC through the "it's old..time for a new pc" list and wondered if there was a way to have predetermined install parameters for the call manager when a user first signs on the new pc? That way I don't have to set it up 12 times.

Any ideas? Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,
    Tim

Not sure about passing parameters to the installer, but the client stores the server & user info in this registry path:

for current logged-in user:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Shoreline Teleworks\ShoreWare Client
    or for any user:
    HKEY_USERS\<SID>\Software\Shoreline Teleworks\ShoreWare Client

There are "Server", "UserName" keys that contain what was typed into the Setup Wizard. There is also a "Password" key that contains an encrypted version of the password, so you'd have to copy the correct value out of an existing installation.

In theory, you should be able to create a script or even just a .reg file that sets these entries, and then run it after the installation and before the user opens PCM for the first time. I have no idea if that would actually work, though, as I've never tried it.

Comment

Working...
    X