Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to seize trunk on port 4. What do I do?

The whole message alert I'm getting:
    "ShoreWare Event Notification: Switch: (109)

Computer: VOIP
    Version: 13.23.6910.0
    Type: Error
    Date: 4/26/2010 10:20:25 AM
    Source: ShoreWare
    Category: (1) Switch
    Event ID: 109

Description:
    Switch remote: Unable to seize trunk on port 4. Taking trunk temporarily out of service. "

I'm getting these on a daily basis. No one has indicated a loss of connection, but I'm sure that they are just not reporting it or it's happening when they aren't active.

I'm also getting these (about 65 today alone)

"ShoreWare Event Notification: Switch: (116)

Computer: VOIP
    Version: 13.23.6910.0
    Type: Error
    Date: 4/27/2010 7:49:15 AM
    Source: ShoreWare
    Category: (1) Switch
    Event ID: 116

Description:
    Switch remote: Lost connection to switch HQ_90-2."
    I'm not sure what it is I should be doing. I've been working with our T1 provider, but I'm not sure if this is an internal or external issue.

This has been happening off & on for a while now. Not too long ago we did a complete reboot of the server & all switches but that didn't seem to do anything.

Does anyone have ideas or suggestions as to how I can resolve this?

The first one is the result of no dial tone on the line when the system tries to place a call on it. Due to the way the system grabs trunks this probably has not impacted any users and this warning message is your only indication other than quick look or the trunk test tool.

Comment

Is the HQ_90-2 the switch that is connected to the trunk that isn't being seized properly? If they are the same hardware then it may be a common cause (the hardware??)

You can also try swapping the trunk on port 4 with the one on port 3 for example and see if the problem travels to port 3 or stays on 4. This will isolate the issue to the SG switch or the wiring to it.

Similarly with the network issue you could try the LAN2 port and see if the problem is still there.

Comment

Working...
      X