Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoretel 10.1 Call Manager

We upgraded to 10.1 last week. The upgrade went fine but we are having an issue with users not being able to log off their PC by going to Start and then log off. If you press Ctrl Alt Del and select log off you can log off or if you exit out of Call Manager completely you are able to log off.
    Any suggestions would help.
    Thanks

It sounds as if this is a bug in 10.1 Build 15.21.3903.0. We are having the same issue with many of our Windows XP machines. It doens't seem to have affected the Windows Vista machines, though. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Comment

Same Issue

We are also having the same issue. It is happing on many of our xp machines.

When we deployed Call manager we did use Group Policy to push the software out. "jgroom" and "antsman" did you deploy call manager in the same fashion?

Is anyone else having the same issue? Is there a fix?

Comment

We did not deploy the product using Group Policy. We deployed it using scripting and a tool by SysInternals (now Microsoft) called PSEXEC. This tool allows you to issue commands from a remote console.

Comment

Yeah same here, only XP machines. Has anyone contacted TAC and what have they said??

Comment

I have not contacted ShoreTel because we go through partner support. Our partner said that they looked in the knowledgebase and didn't find anything. They said that they would continue to monitor the knowledgebase for updated information.

It might be a good idea if someone on this thread has direct access to ShoreTel support to contact them and update the rest of us.

Comment

For those of you that are having this problem with XP machines, what service pack are you running (SP2/SP3)?

Comment

I'm running SP3 on all of my XP machines.

Comment

We are also running SP3 on all of our XP machines. I also contacted shoretel support back on 5-21-2010.

Comment

It is a bug in the latest version of 10.1. I don't have an explanation for what exactly causes it but it is specific to XP and will be fixed in a later release.

Comment

Same issue with xp machines after our 10.1 update.

Comment

Same stuff here. Randomly popping up after upgrading a few days ago.

Comment

Quality Control

Anyone else think that it is a bit strange that something like this makes it out of Alpha testing?

I mean seriously, no one thought to try to like LOG OFF their computer at shoretel after installing the new version?

Comment

I discovered today when I when went to log off my computer that I was able to without any issue. The only difference was I did not close the Call Manager window before I logged of. At first I thought maybe soming might have corrected the issue. Just to test I logged back on the computer and closed Call Manager before trying to log off. I had the same issue and was not able to log off the computer without first going to the task bar and closing call manager.

Comment

this thread has peaked my interest

Comment

Working...
                              X