Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cisco Phones as SIP Device

I have seen posts for those who have been successful getting the Cisco 7940/7960 to function as a SIP extension and also have seen the ShoreTel app notes on the configuration.

Has anyone been successful getting the Cisco 7911/7912 to work? Or the Cisco SPA901 (previously from the Linksys series)?

I have a few locations that require wall mounting of phones. While the 110's/115's can be wall mounted, they are clunky at best. One of the locations also requires a phone with a full display to be wall mounted, and I'm really hesitant to wall mount a 230/560/265/565 because the receivers never stay on hook. I do not need anything more than the ability to make a call out and receive a call in to the extensions that would be the Cisco phones.

Thanks for any advice.

I know (on the 230's atleast) you can take out the little tab above the speaker spin it around and the handset should actually hook on to the phone.

Comment

They can do that, but it's still very clunky for people who are not used to the phones to know that you have to actually pick the receiver up and then drop it down on to the little tab or it doesn't even come close to catching and holding. I'm trying to make this as simple as possible.

Comment

Working...
      X