Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Partner Support

The higher ups at my company are asking that we change to a different partner.... something about money. Im pretty sure I had read somewhere that ShoreTel wont let you just move from one partner to another, or at least frowns upon it.

The real deal is all we need is someone to give us access to KB articles and to download software updates. I am a Shoretel Engineer and have been running contact center and converged conferencing for 2 years.... 55 sites with 120 switches and 2500 end users. I rarely need to call for support, but the KB articles are very useful.

Anyway, my main question is whether I remember correctly, and then I was wondering if there are any vendors who would be willing to work with us?

K

Originally posted by khitan View Post
    The higher ups at my company are asking that we change to a different partner.... something about money. Im pretty sure I had read somewhere that ShoreTel wont let you just move from one partner to another, or at least frowns upon it.

The real deal is all we need is someone to give us access to KB articles and to download software updates. I am a Shoretel Engineer and have been running contact center and converged conferencing for 2 years.... 55 sites with 120 switches and 2500 end users. I rarely need to call for support, but the KB articles are very useful.

Anyway, my main question is whether I remember correctly, and then I was wondering if there are any vendors who would be willing to work with us?

K
    We switched from partner support to enterprise support through CDW for exactly the same reasons, plus I didn't feel that we were getting our moneys worth with our partner. We took a loss on our partner support contract, but it has been worth it.

When a tech comes to your office and reads the manual each time you have a problem, or simply calls ShoreTel to fix the problem, you start to wonder why you couldn't just do the same thing.

Comment

I think it really depends on your parnter. Our partner is not like this at all and solves 99% of our questions without having to escalate to ShoreTel, offers suggestions, informs us of upgrades, etc. We're not exactly local to TN, but we are on the East coast, if you'd like to look into working with them, PM me and I'll send you their contact information.

Comment

Originally posted by khitan View Post

K
        You'll need to indicate to your partner and local Shoretel ASM that you wish to change partners. You'll fill out a partner change of record form and your partner will have 2 weeks to attempt to resolve any issues. You can then elect to obtain partner support with another partner or move to enterprise support.

Either way, you can get access to the Shoretel KB and support site. Partner's have the ability to create logins for customers. There are some great threads on the differences between Enterprise and partner support. Shoretel enterprise support is typically fine for larger organizations that have a significant IT department and do not need any expertise outside of Shoretel. If you have network issues, Shoretel will not help you whereas a partner with a data practice will have the expertise to do so.

Pricing varies between partners depending on the type of services they include. Enterprise pricing is flat. Orange Certified partners get access to a higher lever tier than you do on enterprise support. Also, us partners who have been doing this for a long time have pretty deep relationships at Shoretel and are able to get quick access to resources that wouldn't normally be available to someone on Enterprise support nor Shoretel partners who are still relatively new (2-3 years doing this).

Comment

Support

I always feel that we are wasting huge sums of money on "support".

All I want is access to software updates and support from the standpoint of needing license refreshes, etc. I would even pay for phone support per incident, like microsoft handles support calls.... seems like we would use one incident per year at most.

We did our own install (without training), rarely (never) have any questions (outside of issues that turn out to be software bugs), etc. We have NEVER (3 years) had to swap one piece of equipment, etc. It would be far cheaper to replace any equipment on our own when it breaks, etc.

We just can't stop doing software updates. $9,000 dollars per year for software code updates is not nice.... especially for an 80 user system!?!

Do any parters here offer this kind of "support". where we would get software updates, and be "good" in the eyes of shoretel, for a cheaper price with the understanding that we wouldnt be calling for help every day?

Comment

Originally posted by eazeaz View Post
            I always feel that we are wasting huge sums of money on "support".

All I want is access to software updates and support from the standpoint of needing license refreshes, etc. I would even pay for phone support per incident, like microsoft handles support calls.... seems like we would use one incident per year at most.

We did our own install (without training), rarely (never) have any questions (outside of issues that turn out to be software bugs), etc. We have NEVER (3 years) had to swap one piece of equipment, etc. It would be far cheaper to replace any equipment on our own when it breaks, etc.

We just can't stop doing software updates. $9,000 dollars per year for software code updates is not nice.... especially for an 80 user system!?!

Do any parters here offer this kind of "support". where we would get software updates, and be "good" in the eyes of shoretel, for a cheaper price with the understanding that we wouldnt be calling for help every day?

So you just purchase Switch & Software support. Some partners will discount the support contract price and charge you T&M for any assistance you need. So you'd effectively just get software updates and hardware coverage on your SG switches.

Comment

Support

I asked for what I described below, and our partner was unable or unwilling to provide. The price I got quoted was the price, no changes/options.

Comment

So that is what you see with Partner Support.... it's up to the Shoretel partner to structure their own agreements. Some offer different arrangements, others may not.

Comment

I am in this boat at the moment as well. I am relatively new to this company and I just got the renewal for support and it was nearly $10k. We are a small shop, and typically handle our own support. Our reseller said that the switch and software support were "mandatory" and this really irked me. I asked "so, the software will stop working if I don't renew this...?" he said "No, but you need it for updates". I resent being held hostage by a vendor and it makes me immediately want to seek other options.

If someone has recommendations for a reliable west coast reseller, please let me know so I can at least have some other choices.

Comment

We just renewed with CDW for enterprise support and we had a choice of adding the hardware. We went with the hardware support anyway because it's just good insurance in case something fails.

Comment

Working...
                    X