Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set up a mailbox to with a greeting only?

We have a extension we use for people to call for information that changes daily.

Is there away to set up a VM / Mailbox that will provide a greeting with the announcement/greeting and not let a caller leave a message?

Thank you,

Jim R

This is possible, you will need to create a user group for it that has a mailbox class of service that does not allow any messages to be left. There will be a prompt from the system after your greeting that states that the mailbox cannot take any messages. I would recommend using an AA menu instead and allowing recording of prompt by telephone. This will allow you more control over the message, eliminate the prompt about not taking a message, and still let you record the greeting in the same way you would for a mailbox.

Comment

Originally posted by blanning View Post
      This is possible, you will need to create a user group for it that has a mailbox class of service that does not allow any messages to be left. There will be a prompt from the system after your greeting that states that the mailbox cannot take any messages. I would recommend using an AA menu instead and allowing recording of prompt by telephone. This will allow you more control over the message, eliminate the prompt about not taking a message, and still let you record the greeting in the same way you would for a mailbox.
      Thank you. For the time bneing I created a user group and the class of service that does not allow any messages to be left.

We will look into a AA for this situation.

Jim :sorcerer:

Comment

AA's are good for callers who like to press buttons. For an "invalid entry", you can have it repeat the message, but for "too many errors" or "time out" you can hung up or forward someplace else.

Comment

Resources

I would NOT use a mailbox. You pay for a license to make an outbound message. I always use an automated attendant which have extension numbers anyway and they are Free. In addition you can define a timeout action and easily put in a repeat key or return to main menu key

Comment

Working...
          X