Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to connect with two Shoretel syetems?

I have a customer. they have two shoretel systems. There is a main server A in Shanghai and other main server B is in Beijing. How to connect with two Shoretel syetems, The Extension of Main server A and Main server B can communicate each other?

Make route points on Server A for the users on server B, and have the route point always forward to the external number of the user.

Comment

or 2 T1 switches, and do T1 tie trunks. Or Sip tie trunks. Or ALS on one side, and Analog DID Trunks. You have a fir number of options.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby_Digital View Post
        Make route points on Server A for the users on server B, and have the route point always forward to the external number of the user.

Could you tell me the detailed steps ?

Comment

Originally posted by Miersk View Post
          or 2 T1 switches, and do T1 tie trunks. Or Sip tie trunks. Or ALS on one side, and Analog DID Trunks. You have a fir number of options.
          Could you tell me the detailed steps ?

Comment

1. Log into Shoreware Director
            2. go to call control
            3. go to route points
            4. create a new route point
            5. give it an extension
            6. at the bottom, choose always, forward to:
            7. enter the external number for the person you want this extension to represent
            8. save it
            9. test

Comment

If you already have an existing data connection between the two sites, you can set up off system extensions. This way you aren't dialing out a PRI.

Comment

I think you would need a tie line then, to set up off system extensions. I was trying to think of how to do it, with the existing equipment.

Comment

You should leverage SIP trunks if you have data connectivity between the two systems, this is exactly how a legacy integration would work if doing a tie-line (although it is typically T1/E1).

Alternatively, consider merging them into a single image system. Without knowing specifics of your environment, it'd be tough to understand why that wasn't the case to start and whether it should be the case or not.

Comment

Working...
                  X