Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRI to PBX bridge group /off net routing

I have 2 questions concerning connecting a SG T1k into another 'PBX'.

The PBX's only connection to the PSTN is through the Shoretel system.

I noticed that routepoints can't route to "Off System Extensions". The only way I've found to automatically route to OSE's is through DNIS or using the CallHandlingModes from a Call Manager.

Is it accurate to say you can't use OSE's in huntgroups for the BackupExtension, Call StackFull or No Answer, or almost anyother place where an extension can be used?

I can make calls into the Off System Extensions thru Shoretel, but I'm having issues with calls coming from the 'PBX' going through Shoretel. The seem to be going to the system extension (7104). I'm guessing its because in the Trunk Group's destination it says 7700efault.

I would like to make it so EVERYTHING from that other 'PBX' goes directly to an outside line. Is that possible?

Use tandem trunking on the tie trunk. Have the PBX provide a trunk access code, or set a Dial In prefix of the tie trunk to the trunk access code you wish to use.

Comment

We actually have Route points that ring to an OSE. I am not sure if we have something else set in the tie trunks that allows this. We just put the 5 digit off system extension in the 'External' field of the call handling section of the Route Point and it routes to our Avaya. We can then add that Route Point as a Backup extension, etc.

We use the process metioned above to route calls from our Avaya directly to an outside line. When a user dials a number the Avaya strips the 9 and sends 7 digits (for local) but then we add a '91xxx' before we actually send it to ShoreTel.

Comment

Thanks yall.

I understand how trunkgroups work when connected to a telco thru a PRI, but when connected to another 'PBX', under INBOUND, do DNIS and DID need to be checked and do they play any roll?

Is there a difference between the "Prepend Dial in Prefix" under Extension and the one under Tandem Trunking?

With OUTBOUND, I don't need to fill in the Area codes do I? Really, the only thing checked in the Outbound sections is "Caller ID not blocked" and the only other thing configured is the Off System Extensions. Does that sound correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Jason_C View Post
          Thanks yall.

I understand how trunkgroups work when connected to a telco thru a PRI, but when connected to another 'PBX', under INBOUND, do DNIS and DID need to be checked and do they play any roll?

Is there a difference between the "Prepend Dial in Prefix" under Extension and the one under Tandem Trunking?

With OUTBOUND, I don't need to fill in the Area codes do I? Really, the only thing checked in the Outbound sections is "Caller ID not blocked" and the only other thing configured is the Off System Extensions. Does that sound correct?
          You can direct a DNIS number directly to and Off System Extension. That way you don't need a bunch of route points (which add server dependency to the call routing).

In order for the PBX on the other end of the tie line to dial out of the PRI Telco trunks on ShoreTel you will need to enable tandem trunking on the Tie Line. You should create a user group just for this trunk group to use, it should have the call permissions and access to the trunk groups as required. You should add the Trunk access code that is used to get a telco line on the ShoreTel to the prepend digits section of Tandem trunking on the tie line.

You need to visualize this from the ShoreTel's point of view: If a call comes in (from the other PBX) what do I do? [this is an *INbound* call on the tie line] If it's an extension number then route it to the (ShoreTel) extension. If it isn't let's add the Trunk Access Code to it and try to tandem it out another trunk. If that doesn't work then default destination.

Those should be the only three options enabled on inbound for the Tie trunk.

The outbound section doesn't really matter as no user groups need access to the trunk group for Off System Extensions to work.

Comment

Working...
          X