Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use X-lite to connect with the ShoreTel System?

How to use X-lite to connect with the ShoreTel System?
    Attached Files

First, you need to make sure that you have one of your universal ports on your ShoreGear switch configured for "100 SIP Proxy".
    Next, go to the Sites page and click on HQ site, and select the ShoreGear switch in the dropdown blank called "Proxy Switch 1".
    Then, program a user extension, and pay attention to the blanks labeled "Client User ID", and "SIP Password".
    Also, make sure the user extension you create is configured to use the SoftSwitch at HQ as the Home Port.

On, the Xlite client under the account setup I have the following:
    Display Name: Can be anything you want
    User Name: Same as the ShoreTel Client User ID
    Password: Same as the ShoreTel SIP Password
    Authorization user name: Extension you assigned to the user account
    Domain: IP address of the ShoreGear switch you configured the SIP proxies on.

JB

Comment

I hope you have a version of shoretel greater than 9.1 because the older versions do not have this SIP proxy feature.

Comment

Originally posted by jbeaman View Post
        First, you need to make sure that you have one of your universal ports on your ShoreGear switch configured for "100 SIP Proxy".
        Next, go to the Sites page and click on HQ site, and select the ShoreGear switch in the dropdown blank called "Proxy Switch 1".
        Then, program a user extension, and pay attention to the blanks labeled "Client User ID", and "SIP Password".
        Also, make sure the user extension you create is configured to use the SoftSwitch at HQ as the Home Port.

JB

Hi jbeaman,
        Thanks for your helpful information. I have tested, but I am not successful. I ran into several problems, I need your help.
        1、We use ShoreTel SG90V switch how to test "have one of your universal ports on your ShoreGear switch configured for "100 SIP Proxy"".
        2、I don't choose the SG90 for "Proxy Switch 1". such as Attachment 1. I don't know the reason.
        Please helping me! thanks again you.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by catatonique View Post
          I hope you have a version of shoretel greater than 9.1 because the older versions do not have this SIP proxy feature.
          Hi, I use ShoreTel 9.2 Build 14.41.1108.0 of the shoretel system.

Comment

Originally posted by jbeaman View Post

JB
            Hi jbeaman,
            My Xlite has connected Shoretel system successfully. but right now I only dial the extension in Xlite. becasuse I must press 9 before I dial outside number of ShoreTel system. Perhaps the xlite can't recognise number 9. so how do I need to do that the xlite can dial outside telephone number as well?

Comment

Hi jbeaman,
              My Xlite has connected Shoretel system successfully. but right now I only dial the extension in Xlite. becasuse I must press 9 before I dial outside number of ShoreTel system. Perhaps the xlite can't recognise number 9. so how do I need to do that the xlite can dial outside telephone number as well?

Comment

Working...
              X